Easiest Game Ever

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Postby Lemina » Tue Feb 17, '09, 2:53 am

Thoul wrote:
LordShibas wrote:Golden Sun (GBA) - Simply spam your Djinni summons every fight and you're pretty much unstoppable. You'll only need to stop for a round or so to heal against the bosses. Doing this also makes the game incredibly boring. I thought Golden Sun was absolute crap.

If that makes the game boring, then just don't do that. The game never forces you to spam the summons, that's just how you chose to play it. There are plenty of other attacks and strategies you can use.

This reminds me of the people who claim that Tales of Symphonia has a "broken" battle system when they level their characters up to about level 150 and find that the final boss is too easy. I know Tales of Symphonia is pretty easy, but it's not horrible just because of that.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby LordShibas » Wed Feb 18, '09, 12:13 am

Over leveling characters in Tales of Symphonia and the ability to abuse the Djinni system in Golden Sun are not even remotely comparable. Over leveling is a common quirk of almost any RPG, people that say that about Tales of Symphina are wrong, just like you said. However, the Djinni system requires no time sink, no strategy, and no thought process to abuse.

The lop sided Djinni system was not the only thing that turned me off about Golden Sun. There were a plethora of other things, but the problem with the Djinni system was one of the most prominent factors in me not liking the game.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby Schala Zeal » Fri Feb 20, '09, 7:09 pm

LordShibas wrote:Golden Sun (GBA) - Simply spam your Djinni summons every fight and you're pretty much unstoppable. You'll only need to stop for a round or so to heal against the bosses. Doing this also makes the game incredibly boring. I thought Golden Sun was absolute crap.

.... D: I liked Golden Sun. To each their own, though.

The easiest game ever? Hmm... Besides a couple bosses, I found Chrono Cross pretty easy.
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 21

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Feb 24, '09, 1:27 am

I have to go old school here and say Sonic the Hedgehog for the Genesis. First time I played it which was when I was around the age of 3 or 4, I think I remember reaching it to the third stage or so. I don't think I actually beat the game until I was 8 or 9 when I actually owned a Genesis.

I also have to say Super Mario RPG for SNES. I beat well over half the game first time I played it.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Re: Easiest Game Ever

Postby XxEnslavedNekoxX » Sun Jun 21, '09, 6:42 am

Crystal's Pony Tales...Yeah it's a game made for little kids but I think I got it as a gag since my name is the same just with a K. Easiest game ever played, even though I'm ashamed to admit I played a kids game because I was bored XD
XxEnslavedNekoxX
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 11

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Jul 20, '09, 3:09 am

Hehe, I think Sim City 2000. Its not really beatable, but the goal is to make a happy prosperous city, and you can do that with a hydoelectric plant and some industry. XD
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Re:

Postby hugues » Tue Jul 21, '09, 2:48 am

Schala Zeal wrote:The easiest game ever? Hmm... Besides a couple bosses, I found Chrono Cross pretty easy.

Yeah, Chrono Cross was really easy unless you try to get the "real" ending then it's only slightly easy.

The Final Fantasy I remake for GBA might be the easiest game I've ever played. Without even trying your party gains levels at a ridiculous pace and never comes close to losing a battle.

Oh wait, just had a flashback.. I don't expect anyone to know what I'm talking about but Mansion of Hidden Souls for the Sega CD is by far the easiest game I've played. It's literally impossible to die, I won it the first time I played. It's a hard game to describe, even harder since I haven't played it in 15 years or so. You're in this haunted mansion and have to find random items, basically it's a scavenger hunt. However, there is nothing in your way - no enemies, no puzzles, no time limit. You just wander around until you find everything then game over.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby dimples » Sun Aug 16, '09, 11:48 am

Sims 2 :P Well no game really comes to my mind. But I'm sure there have been some very easy games that I've played
dimples
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Postby GoodOmens » Sun Aug 16, '09, 6:21 pm

I would say Mario 1 for the NES ... just use the level warps :-p
GoodOmens
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 1

Postby itsbobtista » Tue Aug 18, '09, 6:12 am

Hmm.. Super Mario World is pretty easy if you know the Star World trick to get to Bowser in like 20 min...

Portal was pretty easy, too. I think most people struggle with the physics behind the game. Once you "get it", you are shooting portals everywhere and getting through levels easily.
itsbobtista
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 9

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming