EarthBound on Wii U Virtual Console

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

EarthBound on Wii U Virtual Console

Postby Tanith » Fri Jul 19, '13, 11:05 am

It's an EarthBound kind of week, I'd say. :wink:

Nintendo has made EarthBound available through the Wii U Virtual Console. I guess this is fantastic news for all the people who bought a Wii U during the Christmas season last year. I haven't held out a lot of hope for the console and don't plan on getting one unless they receive more backing from other companies, but if they keep this up and release more rare titles, perhaps it'll boost their sales.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Re: EarthBound on Wii U Virtual Console

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Jul 19, '13, 12:17 pm

Tanith wrote:It's an EarthBound kind of week, I'd say. :wink:

Every week should be an EarthBound kind of week.

Tanith wrote:Nintendo has made EarthBound available through the Wii U Virtual Console. I guess this is fantastic news for all the people who bought a Wii U during the Christmas season last year. I haven't held out a lot of hope for the console and don't plan on getting one unless they receive more backing from other companies, but if they keep this up and release more rare titles, perhaps it'll boost their sales.

I hope EB sells well. I think it will. For people who want to play a legit version, but don't have an SNES and don't want to dump $200+ for a cart (which are rare, of course), this is probably the best way to do it. Of course, this hinges on one having a WiiU, and I doubt anyone will get it just to play a digital copy of a rare SNES game. Either way, though, it's good to see Nintendo FINALLY rerelease it officially.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Fri Jul 19, '13, 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby R-90-2 » Fri Jul 19, '13, 2:32 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if it sells better now than it did on its initial release- the marketing for the game back then was probably one of the most atrocious bits of marketing next to Daikatana.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Jul 19, '13, 5:32 pm

I think the marketing back in the day was more an attempt to be funny and ironic that just went wrong.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Return to Retro Roundup