Earth

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Earth

Postby Heikabuchi » Mon Jan 14, '08, 6:43 pm

Though it was only mentioned in an alternate ending in PS3, I think we can still count the fact that Earth exists in Phantasy Star to be canon. This being said, what role does Earth play? Does it even have a role at all?
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby newsblade » Mon Jan 14, '08, 9:45 pm

There's a fan game called Dark Millennium that linked PS2 and PS3.

The first time Earth is mentioned is in PS2 with spaceship noah (Noah's Ark/Sea_ship v2).
In PS3 (at least in one ending) there is a link to that PS2 ending (because they really show Earth) -> a very cool idea.

It's a pity that they didn't explore the concept further. For instance:
A) space ship noah came in 822AW to Algol Solar system - could have come before 126AW to create an "event loop" because that was the year spaceship navigation was created in Parma. It could also explain some religious artifacts and so on. Could even be (years latter) the cause for Lashiec knowledge about DF... but no, it had to be 822AW.
B) in PS3 if earth wasn't populated yet by humans, palmans (who have their planet destroyed) could be the very first humans... I mean the genesis of earth; even GL would be called "God" by them and so on. So many years latter that palmans would call themselves earthman and in the future they would come to Algol to take that star system. (This would be very funny, but no... the planet was already taken by real earthmen.

So the great thing about earthman is that "Alisa III" crashed on Luna/moon (or didn't crash at all). The earthman took Algolian technology, knowledge/information and routes... and then found out that a solar system called Algol would be perfect for them to live. So they departed and arrived... yes at 822AW (they only waste time because 464 years latter they were (completely?) exterminated.
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby newsblade » Mon Jan 14, '08, 10:29 pm

I forgot to mention that in PS3 ending (AW3320 - not sure, I have to calculate that) spaceship "Arisa III" was sucked into a black hole and they traveled many years (at least more than 2500 years) into the past until reach our solar system (that's how earthman could reached Algol before the destruction of Parma (AW1286) and the departure of Alisa III).

--
In other endings that green planet that looks just like Earth is not and "old-recycled" Earth.

"The stars aren't in the right places. We were transported across space and time when we went through the black hole's surface." (PS3, Searren)"

it's not only time travel, it is also space travel
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Thoul » Tue Jan 15, '08, 11:51 pm

The Earthmen in PSII said something about destroying their world, so my guess would be that Earth is not around in the time of the PS games. It might be (they were kind of crazy, so), but I doubt it.

I do have to wonder if there are some unknown connections between Algo and Earth. Phantasy Star I was based on a lot of different stories, including the Greek legends of Medusa and Perseus. The creators could do something with that, perhaps saying someone from Algo came to Earth and told the story. Earth has a lot of potential as a story element that was never explored.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby newsblade » Wed Jan 16, '08, 12:19 am

The Earthmen in PSII said something about destroying their world, so my guess would be that Earth is not around in the time of the PS games. It might be (they were kind of crazy, so), but I doubt it.

Yes, I think Earth doesn’t exist... not anymore. You can only see it if you travel (PS3 blackhole) many years into the past, long before PS2 and certainly before 822 AW (the year they arrived to Algol).

The creators could do something with that, perhaps saying someone from Algo came to Earth and told the story. Earth has a lot of potential as a story element that was never explored.

Alisa III (for instance) could have done that... but the "hi! This is London..." screw everything. They didn't use its potential for eighter sides (they could make Earth and Parma influencing each other).
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Shinuzzo » Mon Jan 21, '08, 10:28 am

Speaking of which, do you think there were any Earthmen on Motavia post-PSII? Someone that might have been sent to spy on things on the surface, possibly?

Obviously, they have would have been there at one point to build the technology to interface with Mother Brain. That was hundred of years before though.
Shinuzzo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 25

Postby Fogeltje » Mon Jan 21, '08, 3:41 pm

The planet itself probably still exists, but uninhabitable. The Earthmen could have destroyed it in more than one way; physically destroy it (like Palma was destroyed) or render in uninhabitable by contaminating the environment, destroy the atmosphere, using up all resources, nuclear war etc.

The question would be in what time Phantasy Star would take place compared to our own time. Since the Earthmen had time to wreck Earth, travel to Algol, setup Motherbrain and run it for an extended period I'd say it is in our very far future.
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Mon Jan 21, '08, 6:21 pm

Shinuzzo wrote:Speaking of which, do you think there were any Earthmen on Motavia post-PSII? Someone that might have been sent to spy on things on the surface, possibly?

I think that's a definite possibility. If nothing else, I would think some of them used some escape pods on Noah when Rolf and company trashed it beyond repair.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Classic Series