Early draft of PS4 script released! (SPOILERS, NSF56K)

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Postby hugues » Sat Mar 1, '08, 2:36 pm

I don't know about anyone else but I'd love to see a full-blown feature article on this. "The Evolution of Phantasy Star IV" or something to that effect.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Mar 1, '08, 4:41 pm

SparkyIII wrote:I put them in order from tallest to shortest, forget the more prone to attack. Poor Demi Always last... XDDD

Hee hee. It's hard not to laugh when Demi is in your party because she's SO much shorter than everyone else. That's one reason I like her, is because I just laugh all the time when she is in my party.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Fogeltje » Sat Mar 1, '08, 4:54 pm

Caged Wolf wrote:
Sixfortyfive wrote:I used to put Chaz in front (you know, being the main character and all) until I realized that enemies have a greater chance of attacking the person at the front of your party, and Wren can afford to take more hits in most circumstances (yay auto-regeneration).

I always did that, as when I started playing the game, my brother pointed that out to me. So when I play the game, Alys is usually in front until that little section where you get Rune (since he's at level...17, I think?) the first time he joins you. Then I put Gryz in front when he joins, and he stays there until Demi joins, and once Wren joins, he's in front the rest of the game. Really makes the game easier, as it keeps the defensively weak people alive longer while the androids, with their high defense scores, high hit points, and self-regeneration, just take the damage like sponges. I'd say that when I play the game, Rika probably dies most frequently and she's usually in the middle. I think her defense should have been a little bit better.

Actually I think Rika's defense is fine. It's true, she probably dies most frequently, but there is always the option to equip her with a shield instead of a claw. So it's really a player's choice, a balanced Rika that doesn't die so often or an all offensive Rika which packs a punch but is a bit on the defensive side.
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Mar 1, '08, 7:56 pm

Caged Wolf wrote:
SparkyIII wrote:I put them in order from tallest to shortest, forget the more prone to attack. Poor Demi Always last... XDDD

Hee hee. It's hard not to laugh when Demi is in your party because she's SO much shorter than everyone else. That's one reason I like her, is because I just laugh all the time when she is in my party.

Have you ever noticed that when you watch her walk her legs move really funny looking? Its so hysterical!
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Fogeltje » Sat Mar 1, '08, 10:17 pm

Yes, it looks like Demi needs to walk really fast to keep up, no wondering considering the rest is quite a bit taller. She will almost need two steps for every step the others take.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Mar 2, '08, 2:29 am

Fogeltje wrote:
Actually I think Rika's defense is fine. It's true, she probably dies most frequently, but there is always the option to equip her with a shield instead of a claw. So it's really a player's choice, a balanced Rika that doesn't die so often or an all offensive Rika which packs a punch but is a bit on the defensive side.

Good point, and I do give her two claws since I am a bit of an aggressive player. Either way, she died frequently, and I did think her defense was a bit lacking. At the very least, she could've had a few more hit points. It was really weird to me...if you level characters up enough, Kyra actually overtakes Rika in max HP, which is just odd to me. It's not by much, but it's still odd. :?

SparkyIII wrote:Have you ever noticed that when you watch her walk her legs move really funny looking? Its so hysterical!

See, the reason I laugh when she's in my party is because she does take about 2-3 steps to everyone else's 1, just as Fogeltje said. It's beyond hysterical. Seriously, when I'm in a REALLY bad mood, playing PSIV with Demi in my party gives me enough laughs to improve my mood a bit. But in a way, you have to feel sorry for her, especially since she can't do crap to fix her shortness problem. But it's still beyond hysterical. :rofl:
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Mar 2, '08, 8:27 am

She's a cyborg or android or whatever! She's the only person on Motavia that can hook up to distant systems by herself, she should be able at least to make herself a little taller. Put on some good boots or something. XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Shinuzzo » Sun Mar 2, '08, 9:25 am

That would make her taller but her stride wouldn't be any wider. I'm guessing Wren built her that way so she don't look imposing to humans.
Shinuzzo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 25

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Mar 2, '08, 3:37 pm

But then humans probably look imposing to her; if you put her next to any of the kids running around in the game (which all seem like they're under ten years old), she's not much taller. I'd understand Wren's point there, but if that's the case, he seriously overdid it to the point that it seems kind of counterproductive. Can she actually reach the buttons and such towards the back of some of these computer terminals? It's really hard to tell, but to me, it looks like she can't. Knowing Wren, building her that short had some purpose, and I think it has to do with the master-servant power hierarchy.

Wolf Bird

Postby Fogeltje » Sun Mar 2, '08, 8:19 pm

Shinuzzo wrote:That would make her taller but her stride wouldn't be any wider. I'm guessing Wren built her that way so she don't look imposing to humans.

Actually I think he built her that small so she can hook herself up to the systems more easily. If she were as big as Wren, the connection points of the systems would have to be larger as well.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star IV