E3 2014 Thoughts and impressions.

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

E3 2014 Thoughts and impressions.

Postby Mikepjr » Wed Jun 11, '14, 8:56 pm

Just wondering people's impressions about everything shown at E3.
For me, i was all over Nintendo's stuff.
Though i do wish more games had been announced, hoping a new Metroid is in the works SOMEWHERE.
And although i loved everything they had shown me, Mario Maker is what had me paying attention most.. it was just one of those.. totally out of left field type of things, what with them saying "no new mario games". Well played Nintendo, well played.

Other stuff i thought was awesome was at MS's event, where they showed off that DLC for Dead Rising 3, and i think the Sony event where they showed that funny trailer for Dead Island 2.
And was it just me, or was that Jack Black at the end? lol

So yeah, what got you going at this years E3.. even though it's not over yet.. but so far what has you stoked?

Oh and.. Mii Fighters for the WIN! lol
Mikepjr
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 31

Re: E3 2014 Thoughts and impressions.

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Jun 11, '14, 9:34 pm

I'm so behind on my gaming I've barely been following E3. The only things I was waiting to hear about are The Last of Us Remastered (yay, they announced a release date - July 29th) and more about Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, having just starting playing that series. That's all that really had me a bit excited.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Mikepjr » Wed Jun 11, '14, 10:03 pm

I was unable to get into The Last of US, i'm not hating on it.. i just was unable to really.. enjoy it. I'm mostly a RPG and adventure and platformer guy.

Am looking forward to Sunset Overdrive though. But.. since i don't own an Xbox.. and never will.. i just won't be able to play it.
Mikepjr
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Postby Bragatyr » Wed Jun 11, '14, 10:08 pm

Total agreement on the Nintendo reveals, Mikepjr, I was very excited about the Smash news, all the new info on the Xenoblade game, and the fact that Toad is getting his own game, which is hilarious,and...dat Zelda. I'm also hearing strong talk that a Star Fox game is in the works, though I haven't seen anything concrete yet. If that is true, it's awesome.

And yeah, I was hoping they'd announce a new Metroid, honestly. I love the series, it's just so dark and mysterious. I guess they're still reeling from the Other M debacle.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby S4Blade » Wed Jun 11, '14, 11:34 pm

I didn't watch any of it, and I didn't even have time to check the news during the day since I've been so busy at work this week. So I was forced to catch up, and cram all of the information into my brain after I got home.

After looking at everything that Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft had to offer, I think this is the first E3 that I can remember in recent memory where I felt that all three companies had impressive showings. It was mostly about the games this year as opposed to the new hardware from last year.

There was so much stuff shown by all three companies, but a few things caught my attention.

Microsoft showed more Sunset Overdrive, the Halo Master Chief Collection (looks like a steal for the price) , the "Ori and the Blind Forest" trailer looked awesome, and the Dead Rising 3 DLC trailer had me cracking up.

Sony showed Freedom Wars for Vita, Bloodbourne, and Uncharted 4.

Nintendo showed off Bayonetta 2 (bundled with the original), Devil's Third, and the Zelda trailers looked pretty good too.

Overall I was happy with the whole thing. Can't remember the last time I said that about an E3.
Last edited by S4Blade on Thu Jun 12, '14, 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby Atlinsmere » Thu Jun 12, '14, 1:12 am

I only payed attention to the Sony conference, I actually watched it live too. There was a few things that made me happy to see. LittleBigPlanet 3 being one of them as I love the series. It should be interesting to see where they take the new playable characters.

They also announced a Ratchet and Clank movie, which seemed interesting. While I never played the games, I've always wanted to and this movie being announced peeked my interest into the series again.

Grand Theft Auto V was also announced for PC and PS4. This does interest me because I really like GTAV and GTA Online, I just haven't played it as much as I wanted to because I have nobody to play with. With this announcement, I know I'll be playing with friends on both systems because of my gaming community, Stagger Gaming (shameless plug I know. :P)

I like the Batman games, so when I saw the trailer for Arkham Knight I got excited. They made Scarecrow look pretty sinister and it seems like it's going to be an enjoyable experience, just like the other games.

The last thing that really excited me. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. I love the series and just seeing it announced is making me want to play all three PS3 games again. Nathan Drake seems to be a lot older in this game and it seems like it's going to be an emotional roller coaster of a story. I guess that's the reason why I love this series, it often feels like you're playing a movie when you watch cut scenes.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Mikepjr » Thu Jun 12, '14, 3:10 am

I think the only company i have a hard time giving a damn about is MS.... they just have pulled so much crap.. sure they got some good games coming.. but golly..
Plus, i got a powerful PC... why would i want an XBO? i feel like it's nothing more than a gimped PC. That's just me though.
Mikepjr
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Postby augmentedfourth » Thu Jun 12, '14, 4:15 am

I heard a new trailer for Dragon Age: Inquisition was premiered there, though I haven't watched it yet. (And I don't know if I will. It almost feels like a spoiler for me.)

However, when that game does come out, don't expect to see me for about two weeks or so. ;)
augmentedfourth
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 256

Postby Mikepjr » Thu Jun 12, '14, 4:17 am

I feel like a lot of trailers spoil games honestly.
Mikepjr
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Postby myau56 » Thu Jun 12, '14, 12:16 pm

I've watched absolutely none of it ! I'm behind with my gaming like Wolf Bird has said...no real interest here BUT that was exactly the same when I was more into gaming :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Next

Return to General Gaming