E3 2011

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

E3 2011

Postby Thoul » Fri Jun 3, '11, 5:36 am

This year's annual video game conference - the Electronic Entertainment Expo, better known as E3 - is next week. It spans Tuesday, June 7, to Thursday, June 9. We'll probably hear a lot of interesting news this year. Are there any bits in particular you're looking forward to hearing more about?

Personally, I'm hoping for some more details on Zelda: Skyward Sword. I expect it will figure prominently in Nintendo's presentation.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: E3 2011

Postby tilinelson2 » Tue Jun 7, '11, 6:36 pm

Wow, Nintendo just announced a console to try to compete with XBox 360 and PS3 6 years later... Maybe Playstation Vita will have a better hardware than WiiU.

It was depressing: Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo announcing the same old games with some tweaks to explore their gimnicks...

Then people wonder why we still love a 20-year-old game.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby Thoul » Tue Jun 7, '11, 10:15 pm

Nintendo hasn't released any hardware details on the Wii U yet, so I think it's too early to be drawing many comparisons there. I'm a bit disappointed at that, really. I'm curious to know what the new system can handle and if it will be GameCube compatible like the Wii. I suppose Nintendo wants to hold a few things back until the release date is closer.

As far as games, the Wii U hardware and new controller seem to be dominating the news right now. There's barely any concrete news on games from Nintendo this year. We still have two days to go though, so maybe something in those fields will come later on.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Jun 8, '11, 1:27 pm

I have to agree with Zero Punctuation when it comes to E3...it should be about GAMES. I've genuinely stopped caring about E3.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby tilinelson2 » Wed Jun 8, '11, 9:26 pm

Heh, Nintendo stocks fell 6% on Japanese stock market. Looks like WiiU didn't impress the investors.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby Schala Zeal » Tue Jun 14, '11, 5:40 pm

The WiiU looks pretty wild. XD And I didn't really like the looks of the PlayStation Vita much more, either. Guess I'll be sticking with the old systems for awhile longer.
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 21

Return to General Gaming