E3 2010

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

E3 2010

Postby Thoul » Tue Jun 15, '10, 7:22 pm

The year's biggest expo for games is now half finished. Lots of new games were announced and many had new details revealed. There are still two days left, so many more may yet be featured. Are there any news items coming out of this year's E3 that make you look forward to new games?

I thought Nintendo had some pretty great reveals today with Kid Icarus and Zelda. The new Kirby looks strange, but it could be fun. I'm really looking forward to Metroid: Other M after seeing the game play video of that, and it's only a couple of months away. Donkey Kong Country isn't really my thing, but I am interested in the new Golden Sun.

Any thoughts on Microsoft's new Kinect? I didn't hear much that impressed me on it. It seems like it's getting games that are glorified demos, similar to many of the early Wii titles like Wii Sports. Maybe it will get better after a year or two.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: E3 2010

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Jun 16, '10, 12:13 am

I'm so glad that for the Kid Icarus game, they're using Pit's Brawl design. *Sigh of relief.* Some of the designs I saw from rumors of a Wii game were...just...ewwwwww. But this looks promising! But I have no 3DS and certainly can't afford one right now. But I ever get one, this might go on my list.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Tweeg » Wed Jun 16, '10, 1:47 am

Xbox 360 "slim" is kind of intriguing. It's a revised, smaller, Xbox 360, but I'm wondeirng if it'll still be compatible with the Xbox 360 HD-DVD Upgrade, as that would be a huge deal for me if I didn't already own an Xbox 360.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby Celeith » Wed Jun 16, '10, 2:01 am

I'm praying that tomorrow when Namco Bandai puts up their booths they'll have some info on some things like either Tales of Vesperia PS3 or Tales of Graces for a localization.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Thoul » Wed Jun 16, '10, 5:11 pm

Some Tales news would be great. Let's hope we hear something great there.

I'm surprised that Sega has not had a stronger presence this year. I hear everyone talking about Nintendo and Microsoft, but nothing about Sega.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Jun 17, '10, 4:53 am

Found something on the new Zelda game:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... titialskip

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Atlinsmere » Thu Jun 17, '10, 9:34 am

I just finished watching the PS3 E3 conference. I have to say I'm excited for quite a few things. The Playstation Move, Infamous 2, Little Big Planet 2, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, and plenty of other things they announced.

The one feature that I really want but couldn't afford for a long time is the 3D option coming soon to PS3. I already have some RealD 3D glasses, but apparentally you need a 3D television for it to work, and sadly, $3000 is a little out of my league. (Mind you this was at The Source and they only had one 3D TV set up.)

I always knew 3D gaming would come to consoles but I didn't exactly expect it to be so soon. Just think, twenty five years ago, we had the NES.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Thoul » Sat Jun 19, '10, 5:55 am

Yeah, I don't think the PlayStation 3D is going to be very successful. The price of those 3D televisions is a big hurdle to overcome. It's great if you've got money to afford one of those, but not many people do in this economy. The only reason 3D might work for Nintendo is that it is going to be relatively affordable, compared to standard gaming equipment prices.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Return to General Gaming