During the Dezolis Winter

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

During the Dezolis Winter

Postby Celeith » Wed Dec 24, '08, 4:43 pm

Just a quick question for all you guys and gals out there. In Phantasy Star IV you know when you make it to Dezolis theres a blizzard going on. Considering the harsh conditions don't you believe it would be hard to fight without taking damage from the blizzard itself. I think they should of done something in the game like this, every step you take on Dezolis while the blizzard is going on you take a small amount of damage. The only way to stop that damage is if all of your characters are wearing a protective coat "Fur Coat" for example, so they would be able to walk across the fields as well as participate in battle without taking damage every few steps and every turn. What are some of your opinions on what could have been improved on during the blizzard portion of the game.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Dec 24, '08, 4:50 pm

I would've loved something like that. Touches of realism like that always make me happy, so long as it's not overdone to the point of harming playability. This is why I love the sunstroke thing in desert areas in Earthbound, where you can heal it either with PSI Healing or a wet towel. Or in the Shadow of the Colossus, where the horse doesn't ALWAYS respond right away. A little realism can go a long way.

Perhaps there could have been a frostbite status effect...something that Rika probably would have been particularly vulnerable too. :p And really, sunstroke trekking across Motavia's deserts would've been another neat addition along these lines.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Thoul » Wed Dec 24, '08, 5:12 pm

Maybe occasionally a strong wind could have come along a picked the party up, dropping them somewhere new.

The damage idea is a lot like the poison effect, so that should have been easy to do.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Sixfortyfive » Wed Dec 24, '08, 6:45 pm

Wouldn't have made a difference; I always use the Land Rover and other vehicles for overworld travel once I have them. =P
Sixfortyfive
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 8

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri Dec 26, '08, 4:19 am

This is a good idea. It almost makes me want to make a remake of PSIV and add these features in. Perhaps Raja will just so happen to have enough coats for everyone. Wren though, wouldn't need it. He would though just malfuction due to the cold weather making him completely useless and such. >.>

Sixfortyfive wrote:Wouldn't have made a difference; I always use the Land Rover and other vehicles for overworld travel once I have them. =P

Don't forget to change your oil! :lol:
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Return to Phantasy Star IV