Duke Nukem Forever

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

Duke Nukem Forever

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Sep 4, '10, 11:29 pm

It's taken awhile but "Duke Nukem Forever" (considered by some to be a sequel to "Duke Nukem 3D") will be available soon in 2011:

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plug ... ax/1409763

Anyone looking forward to this game?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Duke Nukem Forever

Postby Xander » Sat Sep 4, '10, 11:39 pm

Well while I may normally regard this as just them pulling our leg again, if they say people will get to play it sometime in the future before "release" then I guess they might actually be getting somewhere. Besides the fact that 3DR is dead and Gearbox are working on it now. Though I gave up on the idea of originality in video gaming years ago. Explains why my gaming collection is 90% games from before the turn of the century. :p

And while I don't really care how it goes, I'll probably never play it, it would be nice to actually see the game come out and do what everyone is wishing for. That being that it actually breathes life back into an otherwise defunct genre that hasn't changed since Doom was released in 1993 (besides the slide from using actual colours to boring, drab brown for the entire pallete!) and indeed an otherwise worn out games industry that churns out the same game year after year.
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Return to In the News