New green 2DS ..does color really matter?

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

New green 2DS ..does color really matter?

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat May 24, '14, 7:27 am

A new "sea green" 2DS will be available in June:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-se ... 0-6419838/

Also according to the article a "peach pink" version will be available at Gamestop. Now, I love princess peach so I might could go for that one, lol.

However, I have to wonder if all these various colors really matter all that much. Does anyone actually buy their gaming units because of what color they are, etc.? Would anyone spend money to buy an additional gaming unit just because it came out in a new color?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: New green 2DS ..does color really matter?

Postby myau56 » Sat May 24, '14, 8:48 pm

For me color doesn't matter...BUT ! When you know that I have waited for buying my 3DS XL that ..first the XL was on the market ! Logical...BUT I've waited for the black model to come to "life" ! So maybe that for me the black color matters ! I've always bought black models for my different portable devices (when it was possible !).
But no I'll NEVER spend money to buy an additional gaming unit just because it came out in a new color ! I'm not crazy ! ^^
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby S4Blade » Sun May 25, '14, 4:08 am

I don't think it's about trying to find colors that gamers like, I think it's more about giving people options with their purchases. Sort of like with the special edition consoles that come out with certain games. I know that I'm more likely to buy a portable system with a flashy color if they are available. However, I won't pay more money for them.

For example, I have a purple PSP 3000, a Lime Green DS Lite, and a Pink DSi. I think they all look pretty cool, check them out:

http://111.imagebam.com/download/sAKKKX ... 59_Pro.jpg
Last edited by S4Blade on Sun May 25, '14, 4:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby myau56 » Sun May 25, '14, 5:22 pm

VISTABLADE : Great variety here ! Even if I'm not a total fan of those flashy colors, the essential is that YOU like them as they are :) (but when you are playing in the black, like I always do...the colors doesn't matter at all ! :lol: )
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon May 26, '14, 2:00 pm

I'm with VistaBlade. I think it's to give people more options, and it may get a few people to buy handhelds they normally wouldn't.

Myself…I wouldn't pay extra just for a custom color, nor would I buy a console I already have just because it comes in a color I like.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Return to In the News