DrkTr14ce's Movie Reviews

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Re: DrkTr14ce's Movie Reviews

Postby DrkTr14ce » Thu Oct 7, '10, 4:28 am

Ah yes, Legend of the Guardians. As of right now, I was kinda hoping to use that one as my "Last Resort" Card, kind of like how The Sorcerer's Apprentice was. I may go and see it, but it doesn't look good enough from it's trailers to warrant the price. Maybe if I got in early, paid that special price they're doing.

This one's a Maybe.
Greetings to you all. I am Kahrne Annabelle Lee, a Level 6 Sprite Artist.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 36

Postby DrkTr14ce » Mon Oct 11, '10, 4:34 am

A DrkTr14ce Movie Review TRIPLE FEATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight's Reviews: Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, and Army of Darkness (Aka Evil Dead 3).

Now, to be fair, I've never seen the first two. So on Saturday night over at RJ's Corner in O'Fallon, the guy was doing his weekly Movie Night, and decided to show all three movies for free. So as a "treat" for everyone here for acting like you care about what I've got to say, here they are, reviews for all three movies.
Last edited by DrkTr14ce on Mon Oct 11, '10, 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby DrkTr14ce » Mon Oct 11, '10, 4:42 am

Evil Dead Review:

The Story: Uh.....I kind of forgot the characters names beyond Ashley (Bruce Campbell). But from what I interpreted, and with some help from Wikipedia, the group of people there went to a cabin in the woods for a vacation, and because of some stupidity about them, unknowingly unleashed some demons, which forces Ashley and his jerk of a friend to fight them off. The pacing of the story, and the overall atmosphere, keep it from being too dull. But the characters are a bit...one-dimensional. But what saves it are the....

Special Effects: Yes. God yes. As a fan of the good ol' "Not CG" effects, this movie shines. While it does go a bit overboard on the blood, the other touches really add to it.

Sound: It's an older 80's movie, but the sound effects and screams are pure Horror, and still work nicely.

Entertainment: It's got Bruce Campbell in it. For me, that was enough said.

In many ways, this movie has not aged too well when compared to some of the other, more "golden" Horror films such as A Nightmare on Elm Street and Dawn of the Dead. But once I track down a copy of my own, this'll be in my collection forever.

8/10
"Worthy addition to any Horror Library."

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Previous

Return to Feature Films