DrkTr14ce's Movie Reviews

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Re: DrkTr14ce's Movie Reviews

Postby DrkTr14ce » Mon Jul 19, '10, 11:05 pm

That's precisely what most people are saying about the film. But in all honesty, now that I consider it, it's a welcoming change of pace. I mean, in a Medium filled with nothing but pointless explosions, Overloaded testosterone, sex scenes, and silly sparkling vampires, it's refreshing to experience a movie that makes you pay attention and think.
Greetings to you all. I am Kahrne Annabelle Lee, a Level 6 Sprite Artist.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 36

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Jul 20, '10, 4:53 am

As a movie, I think I'll skip this one also. I like Leo, but not that much. :lol:

If I did decide to see it, it would certainly be a rental, as you suggested.

It really sounds like a difficult movie to get a grasp on for very long, however, what they were doing in the movie (basically invading peoples dreams) is a fascinating subject to consider.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby DrkTr14ce » Tue Jul 20, '10, 5:00 am

Indeed it is. It's a often unexplored topic, seeing as how dreams are considered to be that one little place where you have control over. Which is sort of why Nitemare on Elm Street did so well in the beginning. Then it just got silly.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby DrkTr14ce » Wed Aug 11, '10, 5:31 am

Greetings, everyone, from the lovely home of my Grandmother's in Virginia, Minnesota.

This is an informal update. I'll probably use either this area or that other thread of mine for this sort of this, so be sure the check both.

I still have a review for the Sorcerer's Apprentice to upload onto here, but I left my notes at home, so I can't do it here.

Friday will be my busy day, because some genius in Hollywood thought it'd be a great idea to release The Expendables on the same night as Scott Pilgrim.

(Insert Profanity and ranting.)

Sorry about that. I'll do my best to get reviews for at least one of them. Though chances are I'll be enjoying them too much to write stuff down.

In other news, as I've said before, I've begun to sell my artwork at the local game store called Legend of Gamers. There's a small forum up right now over at legendofgamers.com, so do sign up and wait for stuff to happen. On that note, I've saved all the PS artwork for right now, should any of you be interested in purchasing it. I'll wait another month or so, and then it'll go in my normal sales pile.

Thanks for everyone's support over the years on Psalgo.

Jake Allen Anthony Bushey

Aka DrkTr14ce

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby DrkTr14ce » Thu Sep 30, '10, 3:30 pm

Greetings again, everyone, I'm back to bring you a few more Reviews.

Let's get this out of the way.

The Expendables and Scott Pilgrim: 8/10 and 10/10 respectively.

But you didn't need me to tell you that.

However, I'm here today to talk about what has to be the worst movie I've seen in a while: George Clooney's "The American".

This will be different from my normal style, since I can't be constructive about this. I hate this movie. I mean, I really wanted to like it. As usual, Clooney himself does a stellar performance, and since most of it is set in Italy, he was smart and got mainly Italian actors for the roles. The scenery was nice enough, even more so since I've lived in Italy and have gotten a greater appreciation for it's culture and architechture.

But the problem with this film, is SOLE problem, is that it's boring. I managed to fall asleep for a minute or so, and that's never a good sign. I think part of my problem was that I didn't see much for the Trailers, didn't really read the Synopsis, or anything to clue me in as to what this film was, so I walked in there thinking it'd be kinda cool, and action-esque, kind of like Ocean's Eleven or something. But no, the Plot, what little there was at times, dragged itself onwards slowly. There was some action, but not enough to keep my attention. And there was some random bits of nudity and other naughty things, which at parts didn't seem important at all. I mean, they could've just censored it, and it wouldn't have made a difference.

I really wanted to like this film. I really did. But I'm sorry, Mr. Clooney, you disappointed me heavily.

5/10 "Rent if you Dare"

This is Jake Bushey saying: "There was only four of us in this entire freaking room, including myself. What the expletive."

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Thoul » Thu Sep 30, '10, 8:57 pm

I can barely remember the last time I actually feel asleep during a movie. Even then, I dozed off because I was tired, not because the movie was bad. It sounds like that one would be a real snooze-fest, though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby DrkTr14ce » Thu Sep 30, '10, 11:44 pm

I'll admit, I wasn't feeling my best last evening. I dunno what it was, I felt great that morning, come evening I've got all the symptoms of a starting cold. I took some asprin and watched the movie, and woke up this morning as if nothing happened.

Sort of odd, really.

Anyways, let me state a few films I have no intent of watching at all:

Alpha and Omega - I've seen the trailers for this goodness knows how many times from other movies, and even though it's a children's movie, it's like they're not even trying. The jokes they used were horrid, 3-D effects they went for were merely ok, and the plot was stupid and pretty not subtle at all.

Come on people, stop treating kids like brain-less creatures. Take a page or two from Pixar or Dreamworks, maybe even ASK them how to make a successful family film that's also entertaining.

Resident Evil: Afterlife - Look up "Angry Joe" and "RE Afterlife". It'll explain, in more detail, why this movie fails.

My opinion? The three before it sucked to begin with, so why would I review the fourth one if the first three couldn't impress me?

Devil: Look, no offense, but it just doesn't look that good to me. Plus with Shyamalan's attached to this piece, I'm gun-shy. I might rent it when I'm desperate.

Any suggestions for my next Review?

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby DrkTr14ce » Tue Oct 5, '10, 3:29 pm

My Thoughts on: Star Wars 3-D

Allright, let's face it: I like Star Wars. I'm not such a big fan that I've got a Lightsaber toy in my room, but I genuinely love the Lore and attention to details that tend to go into it. And now matter what Lucas does, he can never destroy my love for the original trilogy.

Or so I thought.

Now that i've had a good night's sleep and time to calm down over the initial reaction, I still am not for this idea. I mean, you guys already know just how much I 'enjoy' 3-D movies. And combining that with trying to sit through the Prequels in 3-D is something I'd rather not do.

I don't really see this entirely as just another way for Lucas to squeeze money out of his fanbase. I see this as a cheap way to further gain attention and "fandom" for 3-D. I mean, look how popular it is right now. If they attach Lucas to the name, then by god, 3-D MUST be the new wave of Awesome!

And you know what?

I'll probably end up seeing them anyways. Despite all my complaining and criticizing, I'll probably suck up and pay to see them, if only to have another excuse to complain.

-- DrkTr14ce

PS. Sorry if I seem sort of mean, but that's just how I feel right now.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Thoul » Wed Oct 6, '10, 12:56 am

I think I may have said this already somewhere, but I for one am going to skip them. I'm not particularly interested in seeing the same old movie, just with 3D added. I'd rather watch the original version over that. The money and time put into this could be better spent in making an entirely new Star Wars movie.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Oct 6, '10, 9:19 pm

Yeah, many fans will always prefer the original, classic versions, no matter what. I guess I will too, although I wouldn't rule out seeing the new ones to atleast give them the benefit of the doubt. :wink:

Also, I think there's a movie that's been playing at our local theater for a month or so and I still haven't seen it. I think it is "Legend Of The Guardians" or something like that. I'll have to check and see for the exact title. But, do you have a review for this one?
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Films