Drama CD Art

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

Drama CD Art

Postby yumpoptart » Thu Sep 17, '09, 10:15 pm

So, I took a sketch from the Drama CD Fanbook that Yoshibon had done and blew it up, re-inked it with my tablet and then colored it. I added details here and there, like extra clouds! Yay. I thought I would share it with the community0, I put it up on my drama cd translation site already.
This is a scene from the prologue, where Rudy/Chaz is looking at the hazy sunset, about to remember his past.

Hi-res version: http://pixelkiss.com/stuff/dramacd_hazysunset.png

Original Sketch by Yoshibon:

Digitally re-inked:

PhanTranslations - Home of the Drama CD translation and the work-in-progress Futabasha Gamebook 1 translation.
yumpoptart
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 8

Re: Drama CD Art

Postby Thoul » Fri Sep 18, '09, 4:19 am

Very nice work! You did an excellent job with the inking and coloring. It really matches the feel of the original sketch and Phantasy Star IV perfectly.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri Sep 18, '09, 8:04 am

Wow... amazing! Just simply amazing!

I think I'm gonna change my desktop background now! Also, welcome to the site yumpoptart. And in other unrealted news, I now dub thee, poptart (though don't be surprised if I go "Poptart" instead of poptart =P).
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby yumpoptart » Fri Sep 18, '09, 10:16 am

Thoul wrote:Very nice work! You did an excellent job with the inking and coloring. It really matches the feel of the original sketch and Phantasy Star IV perfectly.

Thank you, I was trying hard to make it look like something out of one of PS IV's cut scenes.. I actually referenced the scene where they are at Alys' grave in Krup, with the setting sun. =)

Atlinsmere wrote:I think I'm gonna change my desktop background now! Also, welcome to the site yumpoptart. And in other unrealted news, I now dub thee, poptart (though don't be surprised if I go "Poptart" instead of poptart =P)

3 posts in and I already have a new nickname! Uh oh. XD Hehe. I'm actually using that picture as my desktop right now too... ._. *guilty look* Though I made a washed-out pinker version for mine. X3 Mwahaha.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome ^___^ I've always lurked here, but somehow never signed up til today. Er.. yesterday now. Anyway, I hope to be posting more art stuff soon! ^^
PhanTranslations - Home of the Drama CD translation and the work-in-progress Futabasha Gamebook 1 translation.
yumpoptart
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Lucas » Fri Sep 18, '09, 12:37 pm

That's awesome. It looks like it would have taken you a while. I like the detail and it does look like an actual cut-scene. Good Job yumpoptart :clap: :up:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Sep 18, '09, 4:00 pm

If it was more pixelated, it could be a cutscene. But I'm okay with it not being pixelated because it looks better that way. Well done! :)

I think a gave a welcome in the shoutbox, but I can't remember for sure and...too lazy to check. So...welcome to the Fringes, poptart! I'm also going to start using the name Atlin gave you, because it's shorter.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lemina » Fri Sep 18, '09, 4:23 pm

Absolutely stunning! You have incredible art skills! :clap:

And welcome! It's great to meet you!

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby yumpoptart » Fri Sep 18, '09, 9:21 pm

Thanks for the welcome, everyone =) I get the feeling I probably should have posted in the Introduction forum too.. ^^;

Here's something random to share - my really old Phantasy Star art from 8 years ago... http://www.phantasy-star.net/fanart/artfan18.html

Ah, those were the days @_@ I'm actually thinking of taking this old pic of Alisa and doing those 'then and now' art memes where you try to re-draw an old pic and see how it turns out today.

And lastly..
Sketches of some n00mens from last month that I probably won't ever finish:

yumpoptart
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Atlinsmere » Sat Sep 19, '09, 11:00 am

Wow. You're an amazing artist! Wish I could draw that well. Either way, great job. And in other unrelated (?) news, the blue in your numan sketches remind me of Manga Studio, >_>.

Keep up the amazing work Poptart.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Rune_Walsh » Mon Sep 28, '09, 4:55 am

Beautiful work. I hope the original artist of the sketches sees how you colored his/her work. I find it hard to color with corel photopaint, I do it ALL manually. It takes time! If you have tips on coloring, I'd love to hear them. ;)
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Return to Artwork