Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Drama CD Art
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, '09, 10:15 pm 
So, I took a sketch from the Drama CD Fanbook that Yoshibon had done and blew it up, re-inked it with my tablet and then colored it. I added details here and there, like extra clouds! Yay. I thought I would share it with the community0, I put it up on my drama cd translation site already.
This is a scene from the prologue, where Rudy/Chaz is looking at the hazy sunset, about to remember his past.

Hi-res version: http://pixelkiss.com/stuff/dramacd_hazysunset.png

Original Sketch by Yoshibon:

Digitally re-inked:

Post subject: Re: Drama CD Art
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, '09, 4:19 am 
Very nice work! You did an excellent job with the inking and coloring. It really matches the feel of the original sketch and Phantasy Star IV perfectly.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, '09, 8:04 am 
Wow... amazing! Just simply amazing!

I think I'm gonna change my desktop background now! Also, welcome to the site yumpoptart. And in other unrealted news, I now dub thee, poptart (though don't be surprised if I go "Poptart" instead of poptart =P).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, '09, 10:16 am 
Thoul wrote:Very nice work! You did an excellent job with the inking and coloring. It really matches the feel of the original sketch and Phantasy Star IV perfectly.

Thank you, I was trying hard to make it look like something out of one of PS IV's cut scenes.. I actually referenced the scene where they are at Alys' grave in Krup, with the setting sun. =)

Atlinsmere wrote:I think I'm gonna change my desktop background now! Also, welcome to the site yumpoptart. And in other unrealted news, I now dub thee, poptart (though don't be surprised if I go "Poptart" instead of poptart =P)

3 posts in and I already have a new nickname! Uh oh. XD Hehe. I'm actually using that picture as my desktop right now too... ._. *guilty look* Though I made a washed-out pinker version for mine. X3 Mwahaha.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome ^___^ I've always lurked here, but somehow never signed up til today. Er.. yesterday now. Anyway, I hope to be posting more art stuff soon! ^^

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, '09, 12:37 pm 
That's awesome. It looks like it would have taken you a while. I like the detail and it does look like an actual cut-scene. Good Job yumpoptart :clap: :up:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, '09, 4:00 pm 
If it was more pixelated, it could be a cutscene. But I'm okay with it not being pixelated because it looks better that way. Well done! :)

I think a gave a welcome in the shoutbox, but I can't remember for sure and...too lazy to check. So...welcome to the Fringes, poptart! I'm also going to start using the name Atlin gave you, because it's shorter.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, '09, 4:23 pm 
Absolutely stunning! You have incredible art skills! :clap:

And welcome! It's great to meet you!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, '09, 9:21 pm 
Thanks for the welcome, everyone =) I get the feeling I probably should have posted in the Introduction forum too.. ^^;

Here's something random to share - my really old Phantasy Star art from 8 years ago... http://www.phantasy-star.net/fanart/artfan18.html

Ah, those were the days @_@ I'm actually thinking of taking this old pic of Alisa and doing those 'then and now' art memes where you try to re-draw an old pic and see how it turns out today.

And lastly..
Sketches of some n00mens from last month that I probably won't ever finish:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, '09, 11:00 am 
Wow. You're an amazing artist! Wish I could draw that well. Either way, great job. And in other unrelated (?) news, the blue in your numan sketches remind me of Manga Studio, >_>.

Keep up the amazing work Poptart.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, '09, 4:55 am 
Beautiful work. I hope the original artist of the sketches sees how you colored his/her work. I find it hard to color with corel photopaint, I do it ALL manually. It takes time! If you have tips on coloring, I'd love to hear them. ;)

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]