Dr. Who 50th anniversary

There's lots to talk about on the smaller screen.

Dr. Who 50th anniversary

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Nov 22, '13, 8:45 pm

Congrats to all involved on the upcoming 50th anniversary of "Dr. Who". Lots of celebrations and events planned to honor this historic occasion as you can see from the link below:

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=840225

Enjoy!!

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Dr. Who 50th anniversary

Postby Snorb » Sat Nov 23, '13, 3:35 pm

The 50th anniversary special, Day of the Doctor, airs tonight at 2:50 pm (I'll be at work, so I'll have to catch the 7 pm showing) and features Matt Smith as the Eleventh Doctor, along with David Tennant as the Tenth Doctor and John Hurt as the War Doctor, the "forgotten" regeneration between the Eighth and Ninth. Also, if Tom Baker is right, we'll also be seeing an appearance from the Fourth Doctor!

Last week, a prequel to the special, Night of the Doctor aired. It's six minutes long, and features the long-awaited return of Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor! It's refreshing to know that after playing him once in the TV movie and constantly in the Big Finish audio plays, Eighth Doctor is still written consistently. "I'm a Doctor! But probably not the one you were expecting!" is genius in more ways than you can think. =)

Also last night as part of the celebration, BBC America aired An Adventure in Time and Space, which was about the first three years of the show. David Bradley did an excellent job as William Hartnell, there were a lot of nods to the First Doctor's run (and a Tenth Doctor nod!), but the best moment was at the very end. And yes, I'm gonna spoiler this because this is massive.
[Reveal] Spoiler: The Tenth Planet
Director: Okay, we're ready to roll. Fifteen seconds! Fourteen--
William Hartnell: (he looks down at the Tardis console, ready to film his final scenes as the First Doctor. We see him adjust a control, then look up. The look on his face goes from apprehensive to confused, not sure of what he's looking at.)
Matt Smith: (he is dressed as the Eleventh Doctor, standing at the Tardis console next to William, equally surprised.)
William Hartnell: (he seems to understand who Matt is, and realizes that he's played a small part in what'll ultimately be a pop culture phenomenon. He smiles at Matt.)
Matt Smith: (returns the smile, shyly, and adjusts a control on the Tardis console)
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Re: Dr. Who 50th anniversary

Postby jessie » Sun Nov 24, '13, 4:03 am

My favorite TV show ever! The special was fantastic!
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
ImageImage
ImageImage
jessie
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 39

Return to Tubular Television