Food cravings

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

Food cravings

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Mar 7, '08, 8:55 pm

Are there any types of foods that you crave constantly, or from time to time?

Right now, I'm craving cabbage (coleslaw mostly) and stuff like that - tomatoes, (vegetables, I guess), and Fish. All I want is Fish & coleslaw. Of course I do eat other stuff, but this is what I want most. This is all since I have been getting over a dreadful cold.

I used to crave sweets, but not so much anymore. I have limited myself on those and can do without them rather nicely, if I do say so myself. Although I still enjoy a cookie from time to time.

Food cravings are funny, in a way. You want the stuff so bad, you can almost taste it, even if you don't have it. Then, when you do get it sometimes it makes you feel so good. Weird.

I know it's the body's way of saying something, but right now, I just don't know what mine is trying to tell me, lol.

Here's some interesting pages I found about food cravings:

http://www.womentowomen.com/symptoms/cravings.aspx

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/snac ... h-cravings

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Mar 8, '08, 3:40 am

Not anymore, I don't really eat a whole lot anymore. I'm just never hungry as I thought.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Sun Mar 9, '08, 5:54 am

I don't really get cravings like that either. I mean, sometimes I'll feel like I want a certain food, but I don't really crave it to the extent you describe.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Wed Mar 12, '08, 2:24 am

For some reason I'm always craving chicken and beef. Perhaps since I don't get to eat stuff like that often.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri Mar 14, '08, 4:21 am

I just had the craving for a grilled cheese sandwich... To the sandwich maker! And the Cheese! And the grill!
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Return to Delectable Delicacies