Don't forget - Daylight Savings Time

Chat about things happening around the world.

Re: Don't forget - Daylight Savings Time

Postby myau56 » Mon Mar 10, '14, 9:25 pm

Ah no ! Hope they are not going t change this matter of fact ! For me it's an excellent thing and as I don't sleep a lot and have absolutely no problem about this change, hope it'll continue ! It's just two "changing times", so that is not too binding ! It's Worth the little efforts :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Oct 29, '14, 2:52 am

Just a reminder to everyone that this weekend Daylight Savings Time takes effect once again here in the USA. It's the Fall season so that means it is time for our clocks to "fall back" one hour on Saturday night before you go to bed so you will have the correct time when you wake up Sunday morning. Ugh, I so hate losing that one hour this time every year.
Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ March 17, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Mar 6, '15, 8:33 pm

A reminder, this weekend is Daylight Savings Time once again in the USA. Set your clocks AHEAD one hour before going to sleep Saturday night. It's time to Spring forward!

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Snorb » Sat Mar 7, '15, 1:19 am

Ugh, and this has to be one of the Sundays out of the 52 in the year I'm forced to drag my butt into work at 5 in the morning and put up ad signs.

Yeah, not gonna get any sleep Saturday/Sunday. I'll let you know if I start actually hallucinating talking to Phantasy Star characters. >_<
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Mar 11, '15, 12:38 am

I find Daylight Savings pointless anymore. I'd love to link to the John Oliver segment about it from his show Last Week Tonight, but I can't due to language. It sure made me laugh though.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Oct 30, '15, 12:14 am

Yes, it is that time of year once again. This Sunday, November 1, 2015 is when Daylight Savings Time begins, so remember to set your clock BACK one hour before you go to sleep on Saturday night, October 31, which happens to be Halloween. Don't forget to FALL BACK one hour!

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Oct 30, '15, 2:54 pm

Daylight savings remains as pointless (and potentially harmful) as ever. I wish we'd abolish the practice.

http://www.livescience.com/40903-daylig ... -body.html
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Mar 13, '16, 3:07 am

Well, it is once again time to do the Daylight Savings Time dance, so to speak. In other words, time to "Spring Forward" and set your clocks ahead by one hour before you go to bed on Saturday night (tonight, March 12) so you won't be late for any events you have planned on Sunday.

Remember, " Spring Forward " by one hour on your clocks, watches, and other time pieces.

I always remember to change my clocks but somehow always forget to set my watch. Therefore I always wind up having to set it on Mondays or whenever I use it next. Bummer!

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Mar 13, '16, 5:24 am

Gonna keep saying it...can the United States stop with this pointless pinheaded potentially painful practice yet? Ugh. I think the evidence is in that it does a lot of harm, and we're just admitting that we'll willingly fool ourselves.

Of course, some New England states are considering ending it by going to the next time zone east, Atlantic Standard. Some states have also (smartly) abolished this stupid, antiquated practice.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/2014/ ... story.html
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Sun Mar 13, '16, 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wolf Bird

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Mar 10, '17, 1:08 am

Guess what time it is? That's right! This weekend is Daylight Savings Time and time to "Spring Forward" with those clocks. Remember to set your clock forward (spring forward) one hour before you go to bed on Saturday night (March 11) so you will have the correct time when you wake up on Sunday morning.

The bright side is the evenings are getting longer! Still 24 hours in a day though so I'm not sure how we really save anything. Oh well!!!!!!!!!!

Silver_Surfer1

PreviousNext

Return to Current Events