A lament

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

A lament

Postby MrKite » Tue Feb 25, '20, 9:06 pm

So I have both the TurboGrafx-16 Mini and the Evercade on preorder, and that being said, I recently found a Sega CD reproduction that is a compilation of the english translations of the Phantasy Star II text adventures and I feel tempted to buy it when I get paid this Friday, because I am worried they will be sold out by the time I am ready to buy it and/or the place selling it will closed down, BUT I am also worried I won’t have any money for the two items I already have preordered if I decide to buy it. And I never tried the PSII test adventures before, but the fact that I have a chance to play translated versions of them on actual hardware by getting this is so tempting. I don’t know what to do!
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: A lament

Postby myau56 » Mon Mar 2, '20, 12:26 pm

Dear Mr Kite,
finally, what did you decide ? Hope it was great ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby MrKite » Sat Mar 7, '20, 11:35 pm

myau56 wrote:Dear Mr Kite,
finally, what did you decide ? Hope it was great ! :)

Well I heard that the TG16 Mini was delayed because of the Coronavirus even though Amazon still says it is coming on March 19th as originally scheduled, so I decided to cancel my preorder for the power adapter and buy the PSII text adventure compilation. I never played any of these before.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Postby myau56 » Sun Mar 8, '20, 11:12 am

Yes, because of the coronavirus, a lot of things are delayed/postponed, etc...:(
Good choice about the PSII text adventures ! Hope you'll appreciate it ! Already tested one on an emul...;) That was great !
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby MrKite » Sun Mar 8, '20, 5:08 pm

myau56 wrote:Yes, because of the coronavirus, a lot of things are delayed/postponed, etc...:(
Good choice about the PSII text adventures ! Hope you'll appreciate it ! Already tested one on an emul...;) That was great !

I hope so. It cost $30 for the whole set (that total includes shipping) so I hope I won’t be disappointed. I haven’t used the Sega CD in a while either so I hope it will still work.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Postby myau56 » Mon Apr 20, '20, 12:18 pm

Me, I've never used any Sega/Mega CD ! :) Shame on me ^^
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Darkil » Fri May 21, '21, 11:34 am

Mr. Kite, if I may ask you, do you recall where you came across the Sega CD repro for the text adventures? I am also interested in this and would like to peruse the site(s) you found this.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby MrKite » Mon Feb 13, '23, 3:59 pm

Darkil wrote:Mr. Kite, if I may ask you, do you recall where you came across the Sega CD repro for the text adventures? I am also interested in this and would like to peruse the site(s) you found this.

I got it from here.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Postby myau56 » Tue Feb 14, '23, 5:13 pm

Thanks for the link MrKite ! :) :fiery: :clap:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master