System Repair

Examine the concepts and building blocks of games and systems with us.

System Repair

Postby Thoul » Fri Aug 14, '09, 6:56 pm

Like most machines, gaming systems occasionally break down and need some repairs. For instance, the Xbox 360 famously suffers the "Red Ring of Death" that resulted in many people sending the console to Microsoft for replacement.

Have you ever had to put a gaming system in for repairs? If so, which system was it and how good or poor was your experience? I hope it was better than the guy who claims Sony stole his game. Did you have to send the system via mail or physically take it to a repair center? I remember Nintendo used to advertise having repair centers across the US back in the NES and Super NES days so that people could stop by a store instead of sending the system to the company.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: System Repair

Postby itsbobtista » Tue Aug 18, '09, 6:17 am

I've sent my 360 in. RRoD, and the system kept freezing about ten minutes into playing a game. Sent it in, got it back all within 10 days. Was an easy process. Very thankful for getting it back and not having it break again :)
itsbobtista
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 9

Re: System Repair

Postby Tweeg » Tue Aug 18, '09, 6:04 pm

Yes, I had my PSP spontaneously die after only having owned it for three months. Story here:
http://www.segaforums.com/index.php?topic=5725.0
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Return to Tech and Design