Dancing With The Stars

There's lots to talk about on the smaller screen.

Dancing With The Stars

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Oct 23, '07, 9:48 pm

There is quite a bit posted about this program under the thread "Favorite TV Shows", but I thought I would go ahead and make a seperate thread for it.

So, are there any other DWTS fans here? I love this show and watch it every week. I vote too. Do you vote for your favorite dancing couples?

Tonight is the results week show. This season is going very fast and several couples have already been eliminated. Who do you think will get the orders to leave for this week? I think it might be millionaire Mark Cuban. He has been doing well the past few weeks, but not as good as the other competitors, I think.

Was anyone watching last night's show and happened to see Marie Osmond faint right after giving her performance? That was a bit scary. Luckily, she is fine. It will be interesting to see how she does from now on, if she makes it past this week, that is.

The competitors left as of the end of last night's (Monday) show are:

Marie Osmond
Mark Cuban
Jenny Garth
Melanie / Spice Girl
Cameron Mathinson (AMC)
Jane Seymour
Chitia Girl - Sabrina Bryan, I think that's her name
The race car driver (can't pronounce his name)

That's all that is left, I think, or at least all I can remember offhand.

Any predictions on who you think will win the trophy for this season?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Oct 24, '07, 3:23 am

I just finished watching tonight's results show and as I expected the star to be sent home was Mark Cuban. He really looked good and danced fairly well this week, however, the competition is winding down and even some good dancers will have to leave soon.

Jennifer Lopez was the guest singer tonight and she looked great. I couldn't tell if she is pregnant or not as the news reports are speculating because she wore a "cover-up" type outfit. Hmmm, what do you think - is she or isn't she? Marie Osmond was doing fine, but it was easy to see she was still a little shaken up about fainting during last night's show.

Next week should be interesting. :balletdancer:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Neithird » Wed Oct 24, '07, 12:28 pm

I haven't watched much of it, but I have caught a dance here and a dance there. I'm rooting for Jane Seymour. She is the only one I am really familiar with. I remember watching her TV show where she was a doctor in the old west years ago.

Chitia Girl - Sabrina Bryan, I think that's her name

The ad I see at the bottom of this page tells me this is "Cheetah Girl," like the cats. ;)
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Nov 1, '07, 5:43 am

Well, on last night's elimination show, the cheetah girl was canned! :lol: It was a very unexpected elimination. Everyone was shocked, even the judges who thought she would be one of the finalists.

Jane Seymour (who many thought would be eliminated) was saved to dance again next week. She was also not present at last night's show due to a suspected case of food poisioning. I heard on some entertainment shows today that Jane is okay and back at work dancing for next week's show.

It's getting down to the nitty gritty now. :yes:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Neithird » Thu Nov 1, '07, 8:14 pm

I guess she didn't have very many fans, or at least not enough that were old enough to call in! I heard that some people thought she was cheating because she had some professional training before hand. :shiftyeyes:
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Nov 1, '07, 9:06 pm

Neithird wrote:I guess she didn't have very many fans, or at least not enough that were old enough to call in! I heard that some people thought she was cheating because she had some professional training before hand. :shiftyeyes:

Neithird, I heard some remarks about her having previous dance training also. I guess that did not set well with many people including the fans.

Really, though, if you think about it, most of these " celebrities " may have had some type of dance study or training previously. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that some of these entertainers may have had some dance stuff in their shows or concerts, or some other way they may have been interested or instructed in dance. Oh well.

I really think this year it is going to come down to possibly not who is the best dancer (because really, the cheetah girl was the best dancer so far, I think possibly), but rather to who has the best or most fan base and can vote their choice in to the winning spot. After all the votes do count for half the score. If some one has a huge fan base, then they will have a big score and might possibly win in the end. It should be interesting to see, there's no doubt about that. :)

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Nov 7, '07, 6:25 pm

Last night's "DWTS" celebrity to leave the show was actress Jane Seymour. Hate to see her go, but I expected it. She was a good dancer but as the Judges said, she just didn't have the "fireworks" needed to win this contest. I give her a lot of credit, though, as not many over 50 year olds could have done any better or as good as she did.

Celebrity's left to dance next week are:

Cameron Mathison (All My Children)
Jenny Garth
Helio ? (Race Car driver)
Mel (Scary Spice Girl)
Marie Osmond

I think that's all of them. :hmm: It's getting down to the nitty gritty now. Not many weeks left to dance.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Neithird » Thu Nov 8, '07, 5:33 pm

I missed it this week. Jane lost? Ah, darn. I was really hoping she would win or at least make it farther in. Out of the remaining people, who do you think has the best chance of winning?
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Nov 8, '07, 7:10 pm

I've never been in much to this show, but my aunt loves it. Besides, I don't think their that talented dancers, I like the super crazy old fashioned moves.
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Nov 20, '07, 5:58 am

Well, Cameron Mathison was eliminated last week.

The folks left dancing tonight were Helio, Jennie Garth, Marie Osmond, and Mel Scary Spice Girl. They all did very well in their dancing.

Tomorrow night's elimination show should be very interesting indeed. I think next week will be the finals or the semi finals.

Anyone have any guesses as to who they think might win this dancing competition?

Silver_Surfer1

Next

Return to Tubular Television