Doctor Mad

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

Doctor Mad by Lucas 2012

Doctor Mad by Lucas 2012

View Gallery Page

Doctor Mad

Postby Lucas » Wed Jan 4, '12, 3:12 am

It’s everybody’s favourite psychopathic cyborg and lover of cats :p. It was a little hard getting the design on his helmet correct. I know there isn’t much to his helmet when you look at the original sprite, but due to the detail being rather small I was, and still am a little unclear if the design I drew was actually what was properly there (probably not though, I’d have to check it again). Anyway enjoy!

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Re: Doctor Mad

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Jan 4, '12, 9:08 pm

Great drawing, Lucas!!! He certainly looks like an interesting character.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Wed Jan 4, '12, 9:42 pm

Excellent drawing ! In fact I'm totally awfull in drawing so I'm always amazed about all the person who are gifted ...great job.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Bragatyr » Thu Jan 5, '12, 12:04 am

This is awesome, man. I always loved Doctor Mad. The name is just fantastic, and I always loved his look. It's weird, I always felt that it was hard to tell what was going on with him design-wise, too, but I still thought he looked cool.

I love the color in this one. As well as the crazed posture of the hands. Thank you very much for drawing Doctor Mad.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby tilinelson2 » Thu Jan 5, '12, 11:28 pm

Wow! Very cool! He really looks scary, like the game Dr. Mad. He was a very remarkable character in PSI, and you drawing is really nice and colorful. I hope you keep on drawing the PS people.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby Thoul » Tue Apr 17, '12, 6:59 am

Dr. Mad is one of the under utilized characters in the whole Phantasy Star series with the most potential, IMO. Just think about it... how did he get the name Dr. Mad? Why's he so interested in cats? Why does Lassic's bodyguard have the same look? There was so much to explore there. I'm sad that later games didn't pick up on some of those threads. I'm glad we have some good fan art like this to fill the gap, though. In this drawing, the doc really represents the bright and colorful nature of the first Phantasy Star while still having that streaky of crazy that makes the game so great.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby tilinelson2 » Tue Apr 17, '12, 4:17 pm

Certainly he had to be a much more interesting character than the default-emo-drama-king-wanna-destroy-the-world Zio people seem to love so much. Unfortunately PSI was made at a time where plot had to be concise.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Postby myau56 » Tue Apr 17, '12, 9:02 pm

TILI : Ah ! You really seems to don't really like Phantasy Star IV ! You know that during a long time, I was like you but I change up my mind a little, even if for me it's far to be the better of the serie. (the first one will always be the better for me !!). But Zio is an interesting character IMHO !:)

About Dr Mad, I have always wanna know where did he come from...and so much things ! Why is there two Dr Mads (the second in the cave before reaching the lava pool before Baya Malay tower) and Lassic's shadow that is the "same" ? So many questions without any answers... :(
Last edited by myau56 on Tue Apr 17, '12, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby tilinelson2 » Sat Apr 21, '12, 3:00 am

After seeing foes like Lassic (a tyrant), humans (well, us :p), Orakians x Layans without knowing their real enemies, Zio was too predictable, the good old "I wanna destroy the world" guy. PSIV story is "OK", but it carries too much RPG/anime/manga clichés and pales in comparison with the other three "OMG, how can they do that in a game" PS games.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Postby myau56 » Sat Apr 21, '12, 9:47 am

Maybe you're right (I'm sure of it !) but like you said it was the "first time" in a Phantasy Star story and this fact didn't embarass me at all as the cheracter is a good one I think, and have a good "aura" (and some goos musics tied to him !) : I always appreciated a lot his design too, but it's a bit cliché yes....(all dressed in black ? ;))
But Yes for me PSIV is the episode I like the "less" (but a lot !!!)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Return to Artwork