Doctor Mad

Quest for justice and vengeance with the beginning of the saga.

Doctor Mad

Postby Thoul » Wed Oct 10, '07, 4:54 am

Remember the weird guy in PSI that wanted to experiment on cats? What do you think he really was? I mean, when you fight him, a cannon or something appears out of his chest. That definitely seems inhuman, so was this guy some kind of cyborg or android?

Also, do you think he had some kind of connection to Lashiec? Lashiec had a protector, the Shadow, that was a variation of Dr. Mad.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Thu Oct 11, '07, 12:42 am

I think Dr. Mad did have a connection to Lassic/Lashiec. People in Abion say "Lassic has come to this town!" which I assumed meant Dr. Mad since he's the only evil thing around. As for what he is... I guess he's a cyborg with the chest cannon. Maybe he implanted that cannon in himself. He looks just like the Shadow, but the whole situation is just bizarre! Was he trying to make Musk Cats fly? He had a Laconian pot on him. :hmm:
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Thoul » Thu Oct 11, '07, 6:04 am

Hmm... isn't the Shadow actually called "Lassic" when you fight him? I remember reading that somewhere, but it's been a long time since I played that section. If that's correct, then the Shadow is probably some kind of body double. If Lassic is afraid of death, he would also be afraid of assassination, so he wouldn't show his face in public. Instead, he'd have someone - the Shadow - pose as himself.

If the general populace only knows the Shadow as "Lassic," that goes a long way toward explaining the Albion quote. They could confuse Dr. Mad for Shadow/Lassic easily.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby The $ Avenger » Fri Oct 12, '07, 2:23 am

Thoul wrote:Hmm... isn't the Shadow actually called "Lassic" when you fight him? I remember reading that somewhere, but it's been a long time since I played that section. If that's correct, then the Shadow is probably some kind of body double. If Lassic is afraid of death, he would also be afraid of assassination, so he wouldn't show his face in public. Instead, he'd have someone - the Shadow - pose as himself.
Just like Saddam! Isn't it amazing how paranoia goes with being a dictator...

I can't remember about the Shadow though. You know there's an enemy named Shadow in the Dezoris dungeons of PSII also, but they look completely different. Although I think they are more appropriate for servants of darkness: http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/gene ... shadow.jpg

If the general populace only knows the Shadow as "Lassic," that goes a long way toward explaining the Albion quote. They could confuse Dr. Mad for Shadow/Lassic easily.
That's true. They might think Lassic is in that town. I'd assumed that he had just come and setup Dr. Mad's lab or something. That's an intriguing idea.

I still wonder why he wanted the Musk Cats. Dr. Mad must have been experimenting on them, because Lassic could have easily jusr order a hunt for them to kill them if he wanted them dead. You'd think that Lassic would find them a threat as they could fly up to his Air Castle if they got some Laerma Nuts. He'd banned every other way to get to him once he stopped space flight midway through the game.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Thoul » Fri Oct 12, '07, 3:26 am

Well, I think Musk Cats must be pretty rare. I mean, aside from Myau being the only visible one, the few people that mention him in Scion call him a "strange beast" or something like that. It would probably be hard to find them. The general populace knows Lassic is up to no good, so they wouldn't willing take part in any hunt.

Plus, Lassic might have wanted to know why the Nuts have that affect on the cats. Imagine if the Nuts do the same to some other animal, but resulting in a more ferocious transformation. If that affect could be applied to something like a dragon, imagine the terror it could spread.

Just like Saddam! Isn't it amazing how paranoia goes with being a dictator...

Yeah, exactly. I was thinking of someone who did that when I was typing that last post, but couldn't remember who it was. Saddam was the one.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby The $ Avenger » Sat Oct 13, '07, 1:08 am

Thoul wrote:Plus, Lassic might have wanted to know why the Nuts have that affect on the cats. Imagine if the Nuts do the same to some other animal, but resulting in a more ferocious transformation. If that affect could be applied to something like a dragon, imagine the terror it could spread.
:o That'd be terrible! Maybe that's where that gigantic Gold Dragon came from...
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby newsblade » Tue Jan 8, '08, 5:14 pm

I think he was human, but not anymore. Now he is less human than Forren (who also has some kind of cannon -"flare"- on his chest). Maybe he has done experiments on himself and became an android (like Dr. Gero in dragon ball z). Maybe he also planned to create another Android with cat characteristics (this sounds just like Miun). Talkative musk cats were so rare that he wanted to try everything with it.
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Fogeltje » Fri Jan 18, '08, 2:56 pm

Thoul wrote:Hmm... isn't the Shadow actually called "Lassic" when you fight him? I remember reading that somewhere, but it's been a long time since I played that section.

Not in my version at least (SMS cartridge for Europe), there Shadow is called just that, Shadow.
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Postby Celeith » Sat Jan 19, '08, 2:55 am

everytime i come to this section and see this topic the first thing that pops in my head is always inspector gadget ><
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Thoul » Sat Jan 19, '08, 4:29 am

:lol: The name does that to me, too. Although, when I saw the movie a year or two ago, I remember that the guy in Inspector Gadget was named Dr Claw. I thought of him as Dr Mad for years, so it was kind of surprising.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Phantasy Star