2010 - Good year or Bad Year ??

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

2010 - Good year or Bad Year ??

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Dec 30, '10, 7:22 pm

Now that the year 2010 is winding down and a new year is almost upon us, let us reflect back upon the year and all it has brought.

With the bad economy and other problems this year has not been too good for many people.

Was 2010 a Good Year, or was it a Bad Year, for you?

Are you happy to leave the Old Year behind and see a New Year begin?

Also, a sad reminder of all the fabulous, talented, people we lost this past year in the field of entertainment and otherwise. We will miss them but remember their contributions. :rose:

Comments or Opinions?

As for me, I'm very happy to leave this year behind and hope for better things in the new year ahead. :yes:
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: 2010 - Good year or Bad Year ??

Postby xellos667 » Thu Dec 30, '10, 8:19 pm

I'm so sad...because this is another "what happened this year already??" kind of year for me...I'm sure tons of big events took place during the year, both bad and good, but when I try to make an overview of the year to get a personnal feeling about it, all I find is a big blank in my head...I guess my job is destroying the few cells I still have in my brain, because this is the only thing that I can remember this year, having been stressed about my job :(...So like I said at the beginning of my post, I'm so sad....
Last edited by xellos667 on Thu Dec 30, '10, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Dec 30, '10, 8:32 pm

What a turbulent year for me. Going through more or less complete mental breakdown, recovering from that, leaving grad school, moving TWICE and both times to new states, and depression coming back to me...talk about a crazy year. But at least I emerged from it stronger, or at least I hope I did. I guess I just hope for 2011 to be more stable, if nothing else. But we'll see.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Thoul » Fri Dec 31, '10, 12:46 am

Turbulent is a perfect word for describing 2010. It was filled with so many ups and downs, much more than any other year I can recall. It seemed like for every good thing that happened, three bad ones were piled on. I really hope 2011 is more positive and stable year.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby augmentedfourth » Sat Jan 1, '11, 3:13 am

I'm another one who had a year filled with ups and downs. In the first half of the year, I loved my job, got engaged and started planning my wedding, and was generally healthy. Then I lost my job in June (though it was expected) and I haven't found another yet, my fiancé lost his job (not expected), my grandfather died in September, and I've gotten majorly sick at least three times (the last time ending in an eight-day hospital stay). Meh. I hope 2011 is more consistently good.
augmentedfourth
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 256

Return to Casual Conversation