Do you use an alarm?

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Do you use an alarm?

Postby Thoul » Thu Dec 20, '07, 4:06 am

Does an alarm clock wake you up or do you wake up on your own?

For a long time, I've woken up on my own instead of using a clock. However lately I've begun to sleep too late, so I'm going to break out my old alarm clock tonight.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Thu Dec 20, '07, 1:59 pm

Alarm clocks do nothing for me. When the alarm goes off, instead of getting up, I'll just fall back asleep and forget that I hit the alarm in the first place. The snooze button doesn't work, either. :p

So... I get up on my own. However, it's unpredictable whenever I'll wake up. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Dec 20, '07, 5:10 pm

No, I don't use an alarm. I just wake up on my own. Others in the family use one now and then but it has no effect on me. I just go back to sleep because I know it's for them and not me. :p I really am not that sound of a sleeper most of the time so it is fairly easy to wake up whenever I want or close to that time.
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Neithird » Thu Dec 20, '07, 8:49 pm

I don't have much of a problem with waking up, but sometimes I use an alarm clock. If I have an important meeting or appointment, then I'll use it just to be on the safe side. Usually I wake up pretty early if I go to bed a reasonable time.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Dec 21, '07, 5:26 am

I require more than 2 alarms to get me up, sometimes more than 4. XDDDDD I have to use one, I'm a deep but light sleeper. I can hear things outside of my sleep yet, I don't move. They don't work.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Fri Dec 21, '07, 10:51 pm

I've had similar problems with my alarm clock in the past. If it's too far away, it won't wake me up. If it's close enough to wake me, it's in arm's reach. That means I just turn it off and go back to sleep. :knockout: Hopefully I can get over that this time around.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Atolm » Sat Dec 22, '07, 4:08 am

Yes and no. I find myself waking up a minute before the alarm goes off.
Dark Force: This is the best chocolate cupcake EVAR! *stuffs face*
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Dec 23, '07, 8:35 am

Usually I wake up pretty early if I go to bed a reasonable time.
Early to bed, early to rise?

Tch, yeah right, it works opposite in my case, early to bed, late to rise, late to bed, early to rise.

I like this one better. Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man stupid, and weak in the eyes. XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Neithird » Sun Dec 23, '07, 2:21 pm

Early to bed, early to rise?

It works for me. If I go to bed too late, I'll sleep half the day away. I always sleep about six or seven hours, so I have to go to bed around 11 or 12 if I want to get up early.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Dec 23, '07, 7:11 pm

I just retested this, I went to bed at 10, and got up at 12, I went to bed at 1 and got up at 8. XDDDD

SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Return to Casual Conversation