Do you think there will be another game in the series?

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Will Sega ever make Phantasy Star V?

Yes, I think it will be soon.
No votes
Yes, but not for a long time.
20%
No way, it's been too long!
10%
Probably not, but there's always hope!
60%
Who cares?
No votes
I don't know or want to guess.
10%

Total votes : 10

Postby Lamanai » Tue May 8, '07, 2:56 am

They should so make a time travel PS. :hyper:

...but, I'm a sucker for time travel videogames, sooo.... :roll:
Lamanai
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 11

Re: Do you think there will be another game in the series?

Postby Thoul » Tue May 8, '07, 6:15 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me. :) That would be an easy way to have appearances by the popular characters from past games, like Alis and Nei. I think it would be a hit.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Sat Jun 9, '07, 2:15 am

I hold out hope that someday Sega will go back to the roots of the series. Maybe not in Algo, but it would be nice! Maybe they'll decide they want rid of the Great Light or something! :wink:
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby airraid » Sun Jun 24, '07, 6:33 am

it's been almost 14 years since Phantasy Star IV came out in Japan.
December will mark 14 years.

I'd love to see Phantasy Star V. but not in modern 3D graphics. I'd like to see it done in highly detailed 2D graphics like what you would see on the Sega Saturn. like this scene in Terra Phantastica:

the story could use FMV cinemas like Ys or Lunar, but no 3D.

would have to be the ultimate confrontation between Light and Darkness. maybe all the power to destroy the Profound Darkness is contained within the Algol Star itself. a journey to the sun's surface and core to obtain that power (thinking of a Sword of Algol) is something that I've thought about since before PSIV came out.
airraid
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 9

Postby Thoul » Sun Jun 24, '07, 7:08 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing it in 3D. Sprite based like the sample you posted would be great, but not many of those games are made now, outside of handheld systems. A 3D game in a similar style could look very good with today's technology.

I wouldn't want another Phantasy Star Online clone, though. I've had my fill of those for a little while.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Mon Jun 25, '07, 12:26 am

3D would suit me too. I didn't think I'd like that sort of thing since I grew up with the old 2D systems, but Skies of Arcadia is my favorite game of all-time, and it helped me to realize that 3D could greatly expand an RPG universe. The spatial dimensions can really bring you into an environment, imo.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Neithird » Thu Jun 28, '07, 6:33 pm

It would be fine with me if the game is 3D, as long as they keep the spirit of the old turn based system. If they went with a live action, one character fight like in the Shining Force remake or PS Online, that would be bad.

2D would be good too, though. 2D graphics have gotten a lot more detailed in recent games, compared to the Genesis era, so I'm sure that would look great.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Heikabuchi » Sun Nov 11, '07, 5:06 am

Phantasy Star V... that would be somthing. Theres always the fan based version that THD, Sparky, and I are working on. We're always looking for people to help in any way they can. COUGHspamCOUGH

Theres always a chance. Like Tsuniami said, Wren spoke of a time warp. The next Phantasy Star could take place before Alis. =O
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Nov 11, '07, 6:04 am

That'd be so cool. As long as it went back to the original story for the PS series, not this new universe or online stuff. I'd like a real PSV, yeah, like those less than 3D more than 2 games, it'd be really interesting to see something else, but they have very little to work from, I suppose they wanted to end it right there, course thats what I thought they did for starcraft, and now, 20 or whatever years later, they start making a new one.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Heikabuchi » Sun Nov 11, '07, 6:50 pm

Thoul wrote:Yeah, I'm disappointed on how they handled the remakes. I'm glad that they did make at least two, but I wish the ball hadn't been dropped so badly on the US releases. It looks like the remake of PSIV is dead in the water, too, which is sad.
Remakes? What remakes? O_O
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

PreviousNext

Return to Classic Series