Do you think Elsydeon is Alis' sword?

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Jan 27, '08, 7:16 am

*is dizzied in that story* Wow. I sorta have to believe you now. :lol:
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby newsblade » Sun Jan 27, '08, 5:20 pm

Even after read that, I'm still trying to convince myself =P
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Jubily » Sun Feb 24, '08, 8:04 pm

1) Swords used in Phantasy Star

Phantasy Star II - Neisword
[face=Courier New]The Neisword emits a bright light! The evil is dispelled!)[/face]

Phantasy Star IV – Elsydeon
[face=Courier New]Espers in Hall of Worship:
- Have you heard!? There's a rumor of a sacred sword which has been passed down in Algo since ancient times! It is said that it will increase the power of its weilder manyfold!

Examine statue in Hall of Worship:
CHAZ: It's a mystifying statue of a woman. It's similar to the
statue of a heroine I saw in Termi.

->CHAZ: Elsydeon is shining!

->CHAZ: What the...
(Elsydeon shines.)

CHAZ: The Elsydeon...
RUNE: It's protecting us...
[/face]

Both Neisword (PSII) and Elsydeon (PSIV) shine when they act(or gives protection)...

Now, it was said that Elsydeon was "passed down in Algo since ancient times[/color]!",so maybe it’s the same sword Alis used (PSI)…

Besides that, Chaz said “It's a mystifying statue of a woman. It's similar to the statue of a heroine I saw in Termi.”, We can assume that this statue represents Alis and Myau (PSI)… maybe she’s holding this sacred sword passed in Algo… Elsydeon.

(Termi)

2) I don’t know if this is really true, but anyway… it’s just a thought!

- PS I (Alis sword), II (Neisword), IV (Elsydeon) -> Dark Force “defeated” (Or at lest imprisoned again through 1.000 years)

- PS III (Orakio's sword) -> Dark Force not “defeated”? (Sealed with Orakio's sword in the sub-aquatic temple)

Let’s see what Rune said about Elsydeon:

[face=Courier New]RUNE: It's probably the one and only weapon that has the power to
destroy The Profound Darkness![/face]

Let’ supose:
In PS I, II, IV the same sword was used (because DF was “defeated” in all of them)
And, in PS III a different sword was used (because DF was not “defeated”)

And If we read the description of the sword used in PSIII, we can see it's really a different sword from the one used in I,II and IV:
[face=Courier New] “Miun:
The black sword! Orakio, you've returned!"[/face]

3) Elsydeon

[face=Courier New]CHAZ: 'Meet Elsydeon...' I wonder what that means?

(Chaz enters the Sacred Sword Cave.)
(Alone, Chaz proceeds through the cave until he finds a statue of a
woman -- the same woman in the 'heroine statue' in Termi. She holds
a sword.)

ALIS: Ah, you have made it, Chaz Ashley... This is the place where the spirits of those who fought to protect Algo return to... Elsydeon is the sword sheltered by those spirits! Now Chaz, you must take Elsydeon in your hands...

(Chaz does so, and immediately, he sees a vision of Alis Landale
fighting Dark Force.)

(…)

(Chaz sees Nei, and then he sees Rolf.)

(…)
Then, his vision is over, and he is back in the Sacred Sword Cave, standing with Elsydeon in his hand.)[/face]

So, the spirits of those who fought to protect Algo return to this place, and the only sword that exists there is Elsydeon… which is sheltered by them... curious!

Elsydeon Cave[/face]
Jubily
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 12

Postby newsblade » Sun Feb 24, '08, 11:41 pm

It's interesting that the in-game image Elsydeon is upside-down and in the cut scene it is being correctly hold by Alisa.

That image also reminds me of the tomb knights that were "buried" with their own weapon (or shield, like in "Indiana Jones and the last crusade"). Yes, usually the weapons they hold are/were their own weapons. In this case, the knight represented on that "stone image" is Alisa (it may not be her sword, but at the time chaz came to meet her, "she" was holding it). I don't know if that "statue" is Alisa's tomb but her spirit/ghost came out from there, not from any other object (like elsydeon for instance)… eventually went to that sword.

There's a rumor of a sacred sword which has been passed down in Algo since ancient times!

Been passed down in Algol since ancient times? To whom?... and for what? The only purpose I see is to fight DF... (and if it was never used someone was being negligent... yes Lutz, I'm talking about you! why did you give an Neisword to Rolf instead of this ultimate weapon... or did you?).

Another interesting thing is that the only weapon that appears in Elsydeon vision is precisely Alis sword and Alis sword has the same detail in PSI, PSII and PSIV... everything may be different, but that "wing" is always there:

newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Feb 25, '08, 10:55 pm

I think it would be ablsolutely histerical if the actually sword was stuck in the statue at Termi.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Celeith » Wed Feb 27, '08, 9:15 pm

heh the strongest weapon in the universe sitting in a tourist town.. ultimate winnage :happy_marle:

wouldn't it be funny if you used the Alis sword for like 4000 battles and it turned into a super strong weapon.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Snorb » Wed Feb 27, '08, 11:33 pm

I find it interesting that swords changed their handedness starting with Phantasy Star II- Rolf, Rhys, Ayn, Sean, and Chaz all hold them two-handed, while Alisa holds hers one-handed. (No, I'm not counting Rolf's dream at the start of PSII, where you see Alisa holding her sword two-handed. I fought long and hard to get the Guardians of Algo that damned Laconia Shield, Alisa's freaking using it.)

This means one of three things:
*Alisa Landale was strong enough to use a greatsword one-handed (which is really strong). Rolf Eushys and Chaz Ashleigh were weiners.

*Alisa's Laconia Sword isn't the same sword as the Nei Sword or the Elsydeon. Highly unlikely, because every Phantasy Star game forces you to get the best sword in the game. Just like Ultima III! ^_^

*It could be the same sword, as demonstrated by Newsblade's picture- Alisa just used a sword-and-board fighting style instead of two-handing it. (Problem is, PSII doesn't give us a picture of the Nei Sword. PSGen2 does, but I can't see the grip clearly enough.)
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Celeith » Mon Mar 3, '08, 2:16 am

I'd pay full price for a Alis Sword lol.. Then change the color and sell it at 4 times the cost as a Kaloes Sword.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Mar 3, '08, 2:58 am

Me: *walks into a shop*
Shopkeeper: Welcome, What can I get for you?
Me: *browses through and stops on it* "Whats a Kaloes Sword"
Shopkeeper: Only THE sword of the greatest warrior who ever lived!
Me: Uh huh, don't you mean Alis?
Shopkeeper: Of course not, Alis was kid stuff to what Kaloes has done for the world!
Me: Sooooo...Who is Kaloes?
Shopkeeper: That, my friend is.....*jumps on the counter* ME!!!!!!!!
XDDDD

SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Jubily » Sat Apr 26, '08, 7:06 pm

I think it would be ablsolutely histerical if the actually sword was stuck in the statue at Termi.

Lool! I'm affraid that is impossible. Actually the sword of the statue of Termi (aka Alis' sword) isn't the Laconian sword she used against Lassic. Remember in this statue she's only in the company of Myau so, by the time of Phantasy Star I, the only moments she had been alone with her cat was after she trade the laconian pot for him (in Motavia) and before saving Odin (in Palma). To conclude, when she saved Termi she was holding an ordinary sword and didn't have the laconian sword (elsydeon, neisword) with her at that time.
Jubily
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 12

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star IV