Do you recycle?

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Do you recycle?

Postby Thoul » Sat Dec 6, '08, 5:07 pm

One of the big buzzwords today is "going green." Or would that be a buzz phrase? Well, whatever. It's a reference to people changing something to be more environmentally friendly. For instance, getting a hybrid car or using more recycled materials.

But those recycled materials have to come from somewhere, and one source of it is recycling things that we, as consumers, use. Newspapers, bottles, cans, and tons of other things can be recycled. Almost anything made of paper, plastic, or metal. Even old electronics, like cell phones and computers.

What are your recycling habits? Do you recycle everything you can, a few things, or not much at all? If you don't recycle as much as you could, what would get you to recycle more?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Dec 6, '08, 7:12 pm

I admit it, I don't recycle hardly at all. I do try and save aluminum cans and stuff, plastic bottles, newspapers, etc., but eventually I have no where to put them or take them and wind up throwing them away or something. I don't think our area has recycling places, or if they do, I haven't heard anything about it.

Interestingly enough, though, I did read in an online newspaper yesterday where a City about 100 miles from our area has taken a drastic step in fining residents $500.00 for not recycling. Whoa! If that idea catches on and spreads to other areas of the state, lots of people could be in trouble. :yaknow: There would have to be a lot of recycling places and methods fixed and made available so people could use them also.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to Casual Conversation