Do you keep packaging?

Examine the concepts and building blocks of games and systems with us.

Do you keep packaging?

Postby Thoul » Tue Apr 7, '09, 10:58 pm

Most games, when purchased new, come with the standard stuff: a box or case, a manual, maybe a little advertisement for a related game or product. Do you keep any of that stuff, or toss it and just keep the game disc (or cart or whatever media is used)?

I always try to keep all of it now, but I didn't do that so much back in the day. Nintendo always used to box stuff with little flyers of Nintendo Power advertisements and those warning booklets that were the same in nearly every game. I either tossed those back in the box or tossed them entirely. Back in the Atari 2600 days, I think I only kept one game box, which I put all the manuals in. Everything else got tossed in the trash.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Do you keep packaging?

Postby LordShibas » Wed Apr 8, '09, 6:56 pm

I keep everything that I may use or need. For example, I don't bother keeping the little DS booklets that come with every DS game that tell me how to use it and how to use the wireless etc, but I keep the case, manuals, and anything added extras that come with the game.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Re: Do you keep packaging?

Postby Schala Zeal » Fri Apr 10, '09, 3:59 pm

Back in the SNES days, my parents would keep the game, manual, and little else for me. The boxes took up space. In the 64 days, I kept the manuals, boxes, and everything that came with the games... Until they all got so worn out that I just tossed the boxes recently. Kept the manuals though. The GameCube/GBA age came and I kept the boxes, manuals, and everything for the games. Then over the years I got a PS2, a Wii, a PSP, and a DS. I still keep the boxes for everything, but I use a CD carrying case to carry all my major games to college and back. There were just too many boxes to carry to college and carry back from college; they were just taking up too much space in the car. So I keep the boxes and the manuals at home and carry the games themselves in a large CD carrying case. Though a couple CDs in the back of the case broke, so I'm debating whether I should put them back in their cases. O_o
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 21

Return to Tech and Design