Do you Believe In ....... ?

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Postby Thoul » Fri Aug 10, '07, 5:45 am

I've never seen one, but my dad once told me a story about him seeing one when he was a child. Do I believe in them... well, I believe there are, at times, forces at work beyond our understanding. In some cases, I'd call them ghosts or spirits for lack of a better name. It might be something else, it might not.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Divine Dragon » Fri Aug 10, '07, 11:45 am

No to ghosts/spirits/phantasms/etc.
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Aug 10, '07, 11:35 pm

Okay, I'm going to go ahead and post a question for today but if anyone wants to reply to one that has been previously asked at any time, please feel free to do so. This is just a special note for any new posters to the board, or anyone who hasn't visited in awhile, or for those who may not get to visit the board every day. We want to hear everyone's opinions and comments. :)

New Question: Do you believe in Miracles? Ever had one happen to you or anyone in your family, or do you know of anyone who claims to have experienced one?
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Aug 13, '07, 6:30 am

Well, for the record, I do believe in Miracles. There are Miracles every day, I think. We hear on the news of miracles that have happened. We can read about different miracles that have taken place, and yes, in some instances, I do think miracles have been a part of many of our own lives to some extent or another. So, I say, Yes. :)
Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Aug 13, '07, 6:32 am

New Question:

Do you believe in UFO's (Unidentified Flying Objects)?
Silver_Surfer1

Postby Atolm » Mon Aug 13, '07, 9:17 am

I can believe that there can be some other kind of life out there, it is a pretty exciting thought to be honest. It is watching tv and see some of these people talk about their experiences, abductions, that make me feel a little silly about it.
I can believe in life that may exist under the ice moon (triton or europa.. I forget) but as far as saucer shaped objects and strange looking men. No.
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Aug 14, '07, 10:50 pm

New Question:

Do you believe in home schooling versus public schooling?

Since a lot of folks are on their way back to school soon or have already returned, I thought this might be an interesting question.

I only wish they had home schooling when I was younger. :)
Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Wed Aug 15, '07, 12:59 am

That all depends on the quality of the educators and how they go about providing an education. In some cases one is better than the other, in other cases the reverse will be true.

As for UFOs... sure, though I think a lot of cases where people see UFOs are faked. I'm sure some are real, but they may just be experimental aircraft or such, rather than aliens.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Divine Dragon » Wed Aug 15, '07, 10:33 am

Uh, I think you mean, which do you think is more beneficial... Not believing in them, seeing as whether or not you believe in them, they are very much a fact...

Anyway, I go with public schooling.. all this home schooling brings up a lot of areas for lax teaching.. Not that public schooling is perfect, but.. .. yeah..
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Aug 15, '07, 10:32 pm

Divine Dragon wrote:Uh, I think you mean, which do you think is more beneficial... Not believing in them, seeing as whether or not you believe in them, they are very much a fact...

I understand what you are saying, and I respect your opinion, but, No , I did not mean "which do you think is more beneficial". Yes, they are both very much a fact, and I think they are both beneficial to some degree, but evenso, that does not mean that everyone "believes" in them.

Many different things can be a "fact" but still that does not mean that everyone believes in them even then or that everyone believes in what they stand for. Example, there are some medicines that have been proven to work for certain illnesses, etc., but still there are some people who do not "believe" in those medicines and refuse to take them for whatever reason, even if it means the end result is death, etc. I won't elaborate further though as this is getting a bit away from the original topic question and I don't wish to add any further confusion to the thread. I do hope this brief explanation is sufficient however.

Anyway, I go with public schooling.. all this home schooling brings up a lot of areas for lax teaching.. Not that public schooling is perfect, but.. .. yeah..

I absolutely agree with you about the home schooling and the possibile areas of lax teaching, as well as lax student involvement, etc. I have heard almost nothing but high remarks for home schooling and think that is terrific but I also have to wonder if the students are really getting all the learning they could out of this type of situation, not to mention missing out on classroom and student interactions, etc.
Silver_Surfer1

PreviousNext

Return to Casual Conversation