Do you Believe In ....... ?

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Postby Tsunami » Thu Aug 9, '07, 8:39 am

As large as gorillas are, their existance was thought to be a myth until white men saw them in Africa with their own eyes. The same could be true for bigfoot, though I also believe that some people like to plant false evidence of bigfoot's existance for kicks. So as far as sasquatch goes, I'll keep an open mind.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Aug 9, '07, 9:47 pm

Divine Dragon wrote::) Well, you mentioned Harry Potter, you'll find Dragons in there.

And you're a believer of Nessie?
._.

Oh, Okay, Touche on the dragons and Harry Potter! :) I guess I need to read more Harry Potter.

Yep, I really and truly think "Nessie" is out there somewhere, and that maybe she has a few relatives somewhere too. :yes:
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Aug 9, '07, 9:56 pm

Thoul wrote:I find it hard to believe the Loch Ness monster is real. After all these years and all the people that have gone looking for it, someone would have found something more definitive if it is there. There's no way it could be that sneaky. :sneaky:

Oh, I dunno, it is possible. I wouldn't underestimate the sneakiness of a female species of any type, (said with no malice intended but an utmost respect at all times) or anyone else for that matter, who doesn't want to be found for whatever reason. :wink:

Also, just look at the news reports of all the different species of underwater creatures, and other type of animals and reptiles, etc. that have been discovered on unexplored Islands, etc., lately that have never been seen before or known to man - yet they have been there for years!!!!!! Reminds me of the purple frog they found recently (See the Weird Creatures thread for more on this).
Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Aug 9, '07, 10:02 pm

Tsunami wrote:As large as gorillas are, their existance was thought to be a myth until white men saw them in Africa with their own eyes. The same could be true for bigfoot, though I also believe that some people like to plant false evidence of bigfoot's existance for kicks. So as far as sasquatch goes, I'll keep an open mind.

Very good points, Tsunami! I quite agree. We saw a program awhile back about some man that admitted he had done some of the false evidence stuff in regards to Bigfoot. Maybe he did, and maybe he didn't. Only he knows for sure. I still believe that there may be a creature such as bigfoot or sasquatch out there somewhere. There have been too many unexplained sightings for it to be just nothing, I think.
Silver_Surfer1

Postby Atolm » Thu Aug 9, '07, 11:36 pm

Ooooh Cryptozoology is a fun subject to read about. Giant squids (only now proven to actually exist), loch ness, and other weird critters in to world. Of course, it also refers to creatures thought to be extinct but are very much alive, like the Coelacanth!

I doubt there is any creature like nessie in the world, it would have been seen already. I do believe that there is still a lot of animals out there that has yet to be seen, especially in the ocean!
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Postby The $ Avenger » Fri Aug 10, '07, 12:48 am

Thoul wrote:I find it hard to believe the Loch Ness monster is real. After all these years and all the people that have gone looking for it, someone would have found something more definitive if it is there. There's no way it could be that sneaky. :sneaky:
Oh my! I believe that's the inaugural use of the Ninja smiley!

As for the Nessie, I think it would've been definitively found by now with so many people looking for it. The History Channel (I think, it's been a year or two) has some great programs debunking some of these supposed creatures/phenomena. The one on sponataneous human combustion was laughable at times when dealing with the "experts" on it. It turns out that these "SHC" victims nearly all lived alone, drank a lot... and smoked.[/quote]

DivineDragon wrote:As for them, I still think that they do not exist, nor have ever existed, but I recall watching a programme that theorised how Dragons would live if they did. It was quite interesting. A set of hydrogen filled lungs to make the body lighter so flight could be possible. Quite interesting theories throughout.
The most plausible theory I ever saw suggested that the legend of dragons got started from a combination of lighting strikes, and meteors. Some of man's ancestors probably were terrified of finding a tree on fire, and assumed it came from a flying beast. :dizzy:
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Aug 10, '07, 2:48 am

New Question:

Do you believe in Ghosts - have you ever seen a ghost - has anyone you know ever seen a ghost?
Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Fri Aug 10, '07, 2:56 am

Oh my! I believe that's the inaugural use of the Ninja smiley!

Yes, I've just been waiting for an excuse to use it. :sneaky: :whistle: :sneaky:

The only way I could see something like Nessie existing is as one of those unknown creatures in really deep parts of the sea. Kind of like the Giant Squids, I suppose. But then it wouldn't be Nessie, because it wouldn't be in Loch Ness. :sweat:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Fri Aug 10, '07, 3:11 am

Thoul wrote:Yes, I've just been waiting for an excuse to use it. :sneaky: :whistle: :sneaky:
:D

New question: No, no, and I knew people that did; I don't know them anymore.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Tsunami » Fri Aug 10, '07, 4:36 am

I don't believe in ghosts, never saw one, and...not that I can recall. The subjects of ghosts never comes up in discussion much, though I have a friend who believes in them.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

PreviousNext

Return to Casual Conversation