Do you Believe In ....... ?

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Do you Believe In ....... ?

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Aug 8, '07, 3:47 pm

I hope this will be an interesting thread. Every day I will try to post a question here regarding "Do you believe in ......", with a different topic or subject every day. Let's try it and see how it goes.

Today's question is :

Do you believe in Witches, Warlocks, and that kind of stuff, and do you think they inhabit the world of today?

Let me say that this particular subject came to me after reading all the stuff about the Harry Potter books, films, etc., lately. Of course, this subject is rampant in other books, films, and many other venues also.

What do you believe?
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Tsunami » Wed Aug 8, '07, 6:40 pm

No, I don't believe in that sort of thing. Sure, there's people who practice witchcraft, but I think they're full of it.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Thu Aug 9, '07, 12:29 am

It seems to me that, if such forces were real to the extent that they are seen in stories, this would be common knowledge and a lot more people would be doing it. I know there's real world witchcraft, as Tsunami mentioned, but I don't believe in anything like we see in movies, games, and so on.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Divine Dragon » Thu Aug 9, '07, 12:33 am

I don't think there are, but if there were, they'd most probably be hiding themselves.. rather similarly to Harry Potter, at least it's what I've thought.
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Postby Atolm » Thu Aug 9, '07, 12:40 am

Eh, not really.
There are people all over the world who do call themselves witches and do witchcraft. The tv show "Taboo" had a interesting special on it.
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Postby The $ Avenger » Thu Aug 9, '07, 1:04 am

No.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Divine Dragon » Thu Aug 9, '07, 1:28 am

"That kind of stuff" ...

It brings to mind the topic of supposed creatures, like Dragons, the Loch Ness monster, the Chimeara.

As for them, I still think that they do not exist, nor have ever existed, but I recall watching a programme that theorised how Dragons would live if they did. It was quite interesting. A set of hydrogen filled lungs to make the body lighter so flight could be possible. Quite interesting theories throughout.
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Aug 9, '07, 3:38 am

As for myself, I don't really believe in witches, and the like. What troubles me though is that there are people who really believe they are one. That poses a bigger problem, I think.

It brings to mind the topic of supposed creatures, like Dragons, the Loch Ness monster, the Chimeara.

As for them, I still think that they do not exist, nor have ever existed,

Well, you may be right about them being "supposed" but even though I really have no exact proof, I really believe there might have been dragons, and I do think the Loch Ness monster may be real. I've seen lots of programs on the Loch Ness, and there was a film clip shown on tv once also. Call me foolish, but it's my opinion.

When I posted "that kind of stuff", I really did not have Dragons, etc., in mind or as being acquainted with "witches", etc. I meant more of the type of stuff like a witch might do, like spells or chants, or magic, or stuff like that.

It is interesting to see though how everyone interprets things differently, which makes us each unique and gives the opportunity for some good discussion. :)
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Divine Dragon » Thu Aug 9, '07, 4:35 am

:) Well, you mentioned Harry Potter, you'll find Dragons in there.

And you're a believer of Nessie?
._.
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Thoul » Thu Aug 9, '07, 4:38 am

I find it hard to believe the Loch Ness monster is real. After all these years and all the people that have gone looking for it, someone would have found something more definitive if it is there. There's no way it could be that sneaky. :sneaky:

Dragons... well, that depends on the type of dragon. A western dragon, the kind with wings, was probably based on dinosaur fossils or something of that nature. Something similar might have even existed once, who can say? :? Eastern dragons are long, winding serpents - there are plenty of those in the world. They may not fly or breath fire, but they could certainly inspire a tale or two.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Next

Return to Casual Conversation