Disney gets Daredevil

Discussion of television, movies, and other forms of moving pictures.

Disney gets Daredevil

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Apr 28, '13, 5:13 pm

Seems Disney may now have control of the character known as Daredevil. I hope that is a good thing, and that it may pave the way for more "Daredevil" movies, especially since superhero movies all seem to be doing so well these days.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2 ... -last.aspx

So, does anyone here remember the "Daredevil" movie of a few years ago starring Ben Affleck and Jennifer Warner (now Mrs. Ben Afflect)?? I think I saw it one time and have totally forgotten what it was about. Might be a good time now to rewatch that one. Although a new "Daredevil" movie of any type will probably be entirely different than the last one.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Disney gets Daredevil

Postby Bragatyr » Mon Apr 29, '13, 2:17 am

Yeah, I was pretty excited to read this. The last Daredevil was workable, I guess, but in the right hands I think a really killer Daredevil movie could be made. Matt Murdock is actually a pretty interesting character with a lot of depth, from the little Daredevil reading I've done. I'm excited to see what the future holds.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Thoul » Mon May 13, '13, 1:55 am

This is good news. The Daredevil movie was okay (the director's cut was much, much better than the theatrical version), but Marvel has generally put a higher level of quality in their films. Of course, the character joined the Avengers in the comics not too long ago, so there will probably be a lot of speculation about that happening in the films now as well.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Icecypher » Mon Oct 27, '14, 5:06 pm

It will be strange to see anyone doing Kingpin. Kingpin in that movie was perfect!

I usually like things in movies to look as much as possible as they do in the comics, so I usually prefer races not to be changed. But I sincerely doubt anyone else from any race could have done a better Kingpin than Mr. Duncan. His face, his stance, his voice, all of it was perfect. :D

I am late for this discussion, but I will say I think Marvel getting their movie characters back is most likely a good thing. I wish they had Fantastic Four (and Doom and Galactus) soon. I would hate for the FF to come so much later than everyone else... And I wish they would be present for anything including Galactus, Annihilus and the Negative Zone (they are already late for the Kree).
ImageImageImageImage
Phantasy Star fan art
deviantART - Blogspot
Icecypher
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 63

Postby Bragatyr » Mon Oct 27, '14, 11:44 pm

Agreed on all points, Icecypher. Michael Clarke Duncan was awesome in the role, despite my initial skepticism, and really helped to open my eyes to casting decisions. I hope Marvel gets FF back, too, they're Marvel's First Family, after all!
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Icecypher » Tue Oct 28, '14, 2:46 pm

Man, based on looks alone, I am not even convinced by Chris Evans as Johnny Storm, based on his hair color (and excessive body hair, compared to smooth Johnny).

Even though Ben and Johnny ended up being what I enjoyed the most in the movie, with Chris having a good Johnny attitude and generally looking hot, I still long for a day when a cute-faced, totally blond Human Torch appears on a movie.

Of course, I prefer a Torch that looks like Chris Evans but acts spot-on, than a Doom that can be said to have an acceptable look of Victor, but is a completely different (and pathetic) character (who cannot even get powers on his own but by luck, whose intellect is questionable, who got all capitalist and who plays a dumb English speaking game of hide-and-seek just to try and be funny/scary).
ImageImageImageImage
Phantasy Star fan art
deviantART - Blogspot
Icecypher
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 63

Return to Screen Scene