Carrie Prejean sues

Sports, movies, music, TV, and other forms of fun.

Carrie Prejean sues

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Sep 1, '09, 4:10 am

Former Ms. California, Carrie Prejean is suing Pageant officials in regards to her being fired as Miss California, etc. Do you think she has a case? Or not?

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=429099&gt1=28103

I think she may have a pretty good shot at winning this thing, if nothing else due to religious discrimination.

Comments or Opinions?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Carrie Prejean sues

Postby Thoul » Tue Sep 1, '09, 6:24 pm

I would be surprised if it goes to court. She might have a chance to win if she can prove the discrimination charges, but I'm not sure what she expects to gain, if anything other than money.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Carrie Prejean sues

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Sep 3, '09, 5:17 pm

Well, I don't know what she hopes to gain either. She could be looking to get her crown, title, job back. If she can proove she was fired unjustly. I don't know if that would happen or even if she wants it too, or not.

She could be just wanting to clear her name or reputation due to any scandal this whole situation has made or done to her due to employment issues in the future or other such concerns. If she truly is not guilty of any of the charges they say they let her go for, then I certainly don't blame her.

There is always the possibility that she just wants to make a stand and stand up for what she believes in. If she thinks she truly was fired for her answer she gave to that question, and nothing else, then the issue should be tackled, I think. Only she knows for sure about that, though, and can clearly say.

Regardless of the outcome here, though, I think at some point and time that this issue and issues like this are going to have to be faced. Why do we have freedom of speech in this country if some people can say anything they want, but other people can not even voice their views on various subjects (including religion, marriage, etc.) without being persecuted to some degree.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to Entertainment