Disappointment at GameStop

Share experiences from the entire series, including PS Online, Universe, and Zero.

Disappointment at GameStop

Postby hugues » Sat Dec 6, '08, 8:48 pm

I was at a GameStop yesterday and saw PSO III preowned for Gamecube for a low $4.99. I went to buy it but after several minutes of searching they were unable to locate the disc :( Now that I know they have it for that cheap I'm going to have to hit the other 27 or so that are within a 10-mile radius.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Thoul » Sun Dec 7, '08, 12:19 am

Ouch! It stinks that they weren't able to find it. Hopefully you can get it at one of the other stores.

But really - 27 within 10 miles? Please, please tell me you're exaggerating a bit there. :beg_wily: I can't even find three that close together.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby hugues » Sun Dec 7, '08, 5:10 pm

I'm exaggerating a little.. off the top of my head I counted 7 within 5-10 miles. According to the store locator on GameStop.com there are 32 within a 25 mile radius (11 within 10 miles). Hopefully I don't have to go to that many to find it again :)
hugues
Android
Android

Postby Thoul » Mon Dec 8, '08, 2:10 am

Hm, interesting, I didn't know they had a store locator. I plugged in my area and it told me about a store I'd never known about. So now I can say I can find three within a close area. :lol: They're all a good 20 miles or so from me, sadly, but that's something.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Dec 10, '08, 5:20 am

Good luck in finding the game. Let us know if you locate it. :)

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby hugues » Sat Dec 13, '08, 4:31 pm

So far I've tried 3 out of 32 and no luck. I did find an AC adapter for this Xbox I bought at a garage sale for $5 that was missing one. I'll probably try a couple more this weekend.
hugues
Android
Android

Postby Thoul » Sat Dec 13, '08, 10:03 pm

Wow, that's a nice deal on that Xbox. It's amazing what you can find at some of those garage sales.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Atlinsmere » Sun Dec 14, '08, 11:30 am

Next time you are at a GameStop/EB Games, ask someone that is working their if the game is at their location or at another location within your city. That's what I did when I was trying to find Digimon World (PSOne). I didn't find it at EB Games, but I did find it in a random pawn shop. So I'm happy and addicted. Also, hope you can find the game.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Re: Disappointment at GameStop

Postby Tweeg » Sun Jun 7, '09, 5:28 pm

Yeah, those checkout computers at GameStop have the ability to look up and find a specific game title at any GameStop location in North America. All you have to do is ask the clerk to locate a location with the game in-stock for you.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Return to Phantasy Star General