Seth

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Seth

Postby Zio_Falz » Sat Mar 31, '18, 1:17 am

Was he a human possessed by Dark Falz, similar to Lassic and Governor in PS1?
Or was he a Dark Falz in disguise?
Zio_Falz
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 58

Re: Seth

Postby Scootaloo » Sat Mar 31, '18, 8:47 pm

It wasn’t really expanded upon. If he was a possessed human, he would’ve returned to normal after Dark Force III was defeated, like how the Governor of PSI did.

Though I’m confused as to how Seth’s form came to be. I actually have a little theory on this:

I believe Seth was once a real person, but was killed by Dark Force who was in use of a human body, and used Seth’s corpse to his own extent.

It’s unlikely, but fun to think.
Scootaloo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 48

Postby myau56 » Wed May 2, '18, 1:00 pm

Hard to tell ! Can be both but which choose ?
IMHO, It is like Scootallo have told : no more Seth after so maybe he was a real human and was Killed and used By Dark Force ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby R-90-2 » Fri Jun 15, '18, 7:18 pm

The fourth possibility was that Seth was a sleeper- he was a Dark Force created in the full-time disguise of a Palman archaeologist that lay dormant in his "shell" until someone dug up something that could pose a danger to its creator.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby myau56 » Sat Jun 16, '18, 10:55 am

R-90-2 wrote:The fourth possibility was that Seth was a sleeper- he was a Dark Force created in the full-time disguise of a Palman archaeologist that lay dormant in his "shell" until someone dug up something that could pose a danger to its creator.

Interesting possibility, dear R-90-2 ! I haven't even think about it... :clap:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Aug 4, '18, 2:59 am

Interesting theories about who Seth might possibly be!

Anyone else have any ideas on Seth?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Wed Dec 15, '21, 1:41 pm

Not for the moment but maybe we'll never really know ? A bit of mystery is not too bad after all ! ;)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Scootaloo » Sat Jan 29, '22, 2:08 pm

I actually have another theory on Seth and I think it makes more sense than the other one I posted.

Rather than being killed by Dark Force, he was once a person who existed and died prior to the events of PSIV. Perhaps Dark Force got hold of his DNA, likely from a grave, and then took on his form. He just needed soemone who could pass as a basic explorer.

I don't think it's likely that Seth was an explorer who was killed by Dark Force. How did he get to the island? Did nobody in Krup notice him going there? Why was he so confident he wouldn't get killed by any monsters there? You never get encounter explorers elsewhere, so why would Soldiers Temple be any different?

To summarise it, I think Seth was someone who existed and Dark Force took on his form.

I'm honestly glad that SEGA and other video game companies don't always reveal things about their games. It's nice to let fans think for themselves.
Scootaloo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 48

Postby myau56 » Wed Feb 9, '22, 11:36 am

Scootaloo wrote:I actually have another theory on Seth and I think it makes more sense than the other one I posted.

Rather than being killed by Dark Force, he was once a person who existed and died prior to the events of PSIV. Perhaps Dark Force got hold of his DNA, likely from a grave, and then took on his form. He just needed soemone who could pass as a basic explorer.

I don't think it's likely that Seth was an explorer who was killed by Dark Force. How did he get to the island? Did nobody in Krup notice him going there? Why was he so confident he wouldn't get killed by any monsters there? You never get encounter explorers elsewhere, so why would Soldiers Temple be any different?

To summarise it, I think Seth was someone who existed and Dark Force took on his form.

I'm honestly glad that SEGA and other video game companies don't always reveal things about their games. It's nice to let fans think for themselves.

A very nice theory dear Scootaloo ! I agree as I think too that Seth was an existing character before and that Dark Force took his form...by force of course ! ;)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Mar 27, '23, 10:33 pm

Lately I have become intrigued with Seth. I like to think he was previously a human.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Next

Return to Phantasy Star IV