Her Last Breath ~ The Curse!

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Her Last Breath ~ The Curse!

Postby Celeith » Tue Nov 11, '08, 1:45 am

Yes I'm making a post about the death song of Alys. As much as I love this song for its beauty, it has done nothing but curse me my whole life. Heres why I believe this song is cursed.

December, 1999: I was playing Phantasy Star IV one night and I got a phone call from my mom. My grandad was in the hospital and she called saying his health had recovered 100% and was gonna come home the next day. A few hours later I obtain the Psyco Wand and Alys dies shortly after. The song begins to play and about 30 minutes later my mom calls again and tells us my grandad just passed away.

March, 2000: Similar scenario, I was playing Phantasy Star IV on my day off from school. I got to the scene again and as the music began to play a few minutes later my aunt runs over to our house screaming and freaking out. My uncle had died, it wasnt till later that we discovered he had choked on something and died.

November, 2008: I decided to play the game today before I went to work. Once again I got to the scene and the song played through my house once again. Having a good day I say goodbye to my wife and I leave for work. About 5 miles away from my job a cop comes out of nowhere and gets me. I get a friggin ticket!!

I tell you, this song is cursed, or at least it has put a curse on me! Although there was a 8 year gap between the song, (I got to the part of the game plenty of time during the years but I'd always mute the game) I just couldn't listen to the song, believing in the curse! I finally decide to listen to is believing, nothings gonna happen and what happens! The curse strikes! Bah!!
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Nov 11, '08, 4:13 am

Well, at least this time it was a ticket and not a family member dying right Kaloes? I mean it can't be all that bad.

I remember talking to you about this sometime before. I shall just say the same thing one more time. Listen to it one more time. Don't jump to conclusions and try not to be superstitious about it.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Lucas » Tue Nov 11, '08, 7:56 am

Such a great game cursing your family life. :o

I also a gree with Trenzer try not to be supersticious about the incidents. :blank:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Celeith » Tue Nov 11, '08, 8:29 pm

Heh I try not to actually, I just find it to be some kind of weird coincidence is all.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Re: Her Last Breath ~ The Curse!

Postby Srijita » Tue Nov 11, '08, 8:54 pm

[face=Times New Roman]
Kaloes wrote: About 5 miles away from my job a cop comes out of nowhere and gets me. I get a friggin ticket!!

Now I understand why you posted that shout yesterday about hating cops. :wink: Things like that do tend to spoil one's day.

Heh I try not to actually, I just find it to be some kind of weird coincidence is all.

A motoring ticket is just a nuisance, but I was truly sorry to hear about your losses.

Even though I've spent the last 17 years studying science in one form or another, I've noticed a number of uncanny coincidences in my own life. I'm reminded of the quotation generally attributed to atomic physicist Niels Bohr. Apparently a visitor to his home noticed a horseshoe above the door. Surprised that a scientist could harbour such superstitions, he remarked:

"Surely, Professor Bohr, you do not really believe that a horseshoe over the entrance to a home brings good luck?"

The reply? "Of course not ... but I am told it works even if you don't believe in it."
[/face]
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Postby Lemina » Wed Nov 12, '08, 10:46 am

Creepy coincidences, dude. I would probably feel about the song the same way that you do if I was you--although it's obviously not cursed for everybody. Sorry to hear about your losses.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Tsunami » Fri Nov 14, '08, 10:09 am

That is simply bizarre. Don't blame ya for turnin' off the music when it comes on if things like that happen... :\

But, as others have said, at least the last time only resulted in a police ticket. Still, that's a pretty depressing coincidence to think about and all. :(
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Return to Phantasy Star IV