Did Lena want to marry Rhys?

Explore the Alisa III as it travels the stars.

Postby Neithird » Sat Oct 20, '07, 5:54 am

That's a neat idea about Lena and Lyle working together from the start. I always thought that they must have had some contact later, when Lyle finds out he needs Lena's gem. But maybe instead, Lyle and Lena's parents were plotting the whole thing together. Lyle takes away Maia so Lena can have Rhys and her parents give Lyle the gem later in return.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Thoul » Sat Oct 20, '07, 9:03 am

That's an interesting take on Lyle and Lena. I wouldn't doubt that Lyle said something to Lena or her family about needing their gem. In the re-translation, Lena says she "heard" that the gem was needed to enter Cille. I doubt that is something a princess would just happen to hear when walking down the street of an Orakian town.

This is what Sari says about taking the throne, according to the re-translation:
I am Lena's daughter, Lynn! I ascended to the heirless throne of the kingdom of Riik!
YOU, you traitor to the Orakians, what business do you have here?!

Before reading that, I had also assumed that Lena was named as heir of Landen. But based on this, the king must have died without naming a replacement, maing the throne heirless. Sari would have then taken the throne at some later point and Lena never holding it. There's nothing else said about when or how she got the throne in the re-translation.

When Sean visits Landen, one of the people says this.
Sari protected us from Lune's monstrous army.

So, I'm thinking that maybe Sari took Landen to protect it from Lune. Without a strong king (Rhys) in the area, Lune may have begun his attacks earlier, forcing the people of Satera to flee and live in Landen.

Tsunami wrote:Makes me wonder if there was someone else involved or not. I won't say that the residents of LaShute were behind it, since the passages were sealed off and I doubt they could get through...unless there was some help on the outside. :D

That brings up an interesting point. If LaShute had no contact with the outside from being sealed up, how did they even know Rhys' name? And how did Dark Force get from Landen's sea to LaShute?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby hugues » Sat Oct 20, '07, 6:47 pm

Neithird wrote:But maybe instead, Lyle and Lena's parents were plotting the whole thing together. Lyle takes away Maia so Lena can have Rhys and her parents give Lyle the gem later in return.

Awesome angle on it.

Thoul wrote:So, I'm thinking that maybe Sari took Landen to protect it from Lune. Without a strong king (Rhys) in the area, Lune may have begun his attacks earlier, forcing the people of Satera to flee and live in Landen.

Yeah, in the Nial storyline Lune hasn't conquered Landen (although his army managed to block the passage to Aquatica). It seems like the "Sari takes the crown" theory makes the most sense.

Thoul wrote:That brings up an interesting point. If LaShute had no contact with the outside from being sealed up, how did they even know Rhys' name? And how did Dark Force get from Landen's sea to LaShute?

I just assumed Dark Force had the ability to travel between the domes regardless of how the passages were sealed. Dark Force, in various forms, is able to travel between the worlds in PSIV. He/it is also able to control people (i.e. the governor, Zio). It seems like Dark Force was able to watch and influence events on the Alisa III but lacked his full power until Orakio's sword was removed.

It's also possible that the "Dark Force cult" had members outside of Lashute. The ship presumably had a communications system and Rulakir would have known all the secrets of the Alisa III.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Thoul » Mon Oct 22, '07, 6:12 pm

Good thinking on the communications system. That ties into something else that was bugging me: how people in Divisia could have known Rulakir was still around before Terminus was opened. If there are agents of Dark Force in several of the other domes, a lot of things being to make more sense.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Neithird » Tue Oct 23, '07, 1:48 pm

hugues wrote:Awesome angle on it.

Thanks!

hugues wrote:Yeah, in the Nial storyline Lune hasn't conquered Landen (although his army managed to block the passage to Aquatica). It seems like the "Sari takes the crown" theory makes the most sense.

Didn't Lune have to build a bridge in one of the timelines, but not the other? That could be another sign that his campaign was delayed when Rhys ruled.
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Postby Tsunami » Tue Oct 23, '07, 7:17 pm

Neithird wrote:Didn't Lune have to build a bridge in one of the timelines, but not the other? That could be another sign that his campaign was delayed when Rhys ruled.

In Sean's time, a noble in Landen says that Lune built a bridge to search for Laya's treasure in Aridia. I always wondered how everyone you talked to knew these things. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Neithird » Wed Oct 24, '07, 12:46 pm

They must have really good spy networks. :listen: :p Even the common townsfolk know more about what is going on than the heroes! :misspeak:
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Postby hugues » Thu Oct 25, '07, 12:37 am

Tsunami wrote:
Neithird wrote:Didn't Lune have to build a bridge in one of the timelines, but not the other? That could be another sign that his campaign was delayed when Rhys ruled.

In Sean's time, a noble in Landen says that Lune built a bridge to search for Laya's treasure in Aridia. I always wondered how everyone you talked to knew these things. :D

Nial's timeline begins with Satera being sacked but Landen hasn't been invaded. We don't know exactly what happens in Ayn's timeline except:
1) Lune has guards at various passages in Ayn's timeline.
2) By the time Ayn gets to Landen it is under attack but the bridge hasn't been built yet.
3) Ayn's quest starts when he's 15, Nial's when he's 18 - if we assume that Rhys and {Lena||Maia} had children at the same time then the bridge was constructed roughly 18 years after 1st generation mark.

So what I think happened is that Lune was effectively repelled in Ayn's timeline (or shortly after) and took another 15-18 years to regroup. Looking at it that way and suddenly Sari seems like an even more powerful character. She's in Landen for the {Sean||Crys} timelines and in both Lune is just now getting around to building the bridge. However, he has made a bit more progress in the Sean timeline ("If Ayn had married Sari we might have won").
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Neithird » Thu Oct 25, '07, 3:04 pm

So it sounds like Sari is a pretty strong fighter, but Lune's forces were a bit too much for her to handle alone. Maybe it's a morale problem. Since there's no descendent of Orakio around, the Landen soldiers might not fight as hard. Or something like that.
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Postby Thoul » Thu Oct 25, '07, 11:23 pm

hugues wrote:2) By the time Ayn gets to Landen it is under attack but the bridge hasn't been built yet.

Is there someone in Landen or the surrounding areas that mentions Lune attacking? I remember the troops in the caves, but I don't recall any mention of Lune in Ayn's time other than them. It seems out of character for Sari to go off with Ayn if Lune is attacking, too.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star III