Did Dark Force have a ship?

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Did Dark Force have a ship?

Postby Thoul » Mon Feb 11, '08, 11:14 pm

As I've mentioned before, I'm slowly playing through PSIV again to make maps. Having just finished the Weapons Plant on Dezoris last week, I was thinking about something Wren says about it.

Wren wrote:This is a weapon plant Mother Brain constructed a thousand years ago. For long it was an unnecessary facility, so all its functions were shut down, but... It looks like it has been producing automatic weapons according to orders from Kuran for about half a year.

From other references in the game, Dark Force has been in control of Kuran for half a year, so DF must have started the weapon production. A little later, one of the weapons found in the plant is Wren's Burst Roc unit. The DF on Kuran also has a Burst Roc unit. If we assume that both Burst Roc units were made in this plant, that raises a question: how did DF's Burst Roc get from Dezoris to Kuran? Was there a secret spaceship being used by the villains to transport weapons?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Mon Feb 11, '08, 11:32 pm

I could be the weapon specs for the Burst Roc unit were sent from Kuran to the computer in the plant and the people or androids that were in the plant may have created the unit and placed it in a storage area. Basically I don't think it was DF's Burst Roc, instead it was Kurans defence mechanism seeing as how DF attached itself to the main computer (Which I believe also had weapons nearby in case intruders came)
Last edited by Celeith on Mon Feb 11, '08, 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Dorrinal » Mon Feb 11, '08, 11:40 pm

I challenge your assumption! Perhaps Dark Force found the Burst Rockets on Kuran. After trying them out on a poor defenseless bunny and finding them to its liking, it ordered the weapons plant to manufacture some more.
Dorrinal
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 11

Postby Fogeltje » Tue Feb 12, '08, 5:12 pm

Kaloes wrote:I could be the weapon specs for the Burst Roc unit were sent from Kuran to the computer in the plant and the people or androids that were in the plant may have created the unit and placed it in a storage area. Basically I don't think it was DF's Burst Roc, instead it was Kurans defence mechanism seeing as how DF attached itself to the main computer (Which I believe also had weapons nearby in case intruders came)

That wouldn't be too far fetched. It would seem logical to install automated defenses in such sensitive control computers like Zelan (even while only being support for Kuran) and it would seem logical for DF to make use of that once he integrated himself with it.
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Postby newsblade » Thu Feb 14, '08, 11:46 pm

It's true that the dark side can move from a place to another. But it's also true that Lutz can do the same thing (presumably) without a ship.

If we remember, Xe-A-Thoul went to Dezo to steel eclipse torch by "flying away" (that was made without a ship but with a Super-Mega-Ryuka power). Well, there was at least another dome in Dezo (climatrol) that had another guy like them (D-Elm-Lars) so, probably if DF wanted something from Dezo domes would sent followers like him to get/drop the items.

RUNE: This is becoming a sticky situation. Chaz, we've got to hurry to Rykros!
CHAZ: Huh?
RUNE: I bet the followers of The Darkness are already aware of the way to Rykros through Dark Force. They're probably on their way there even as we speak!
CHAZ: You mean, they were spying on us?
WREN: Rykros...the only thing certain is the direction in which it is located. But no doubt there is something there that they can't afford to let us have.
CHAZ: So we'd better get that something.
RIKA: We'll have to hurry, otherwise they'll beat us to it!

Le-Faw-Gan (an enemy similar to D-Elm-Lars) was in Ryucross. Like his “brothers” he can move from where he wanted. He (or at least DF) could teleport his friends (Bloodsaber, Dark Witch, Illusionist, BladeRight, Hakenleft, Deathbearer, Carminhead, Cula-Bellr) to Ryucross because they didn’t seem to use (have been in) the Silent Tower (the spaceship port of that planet) to land, so hardly they used a ship to go there…

In short, all that was said here could be true, but a spaceship wasn't fundamental to perform that.
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Chris8282 » Fri Feb 15, '08, 2:42 am

Maybe its a plot hole. Every work of fiction, be it books, movies, games, stories, all have plot holes if you look hard enough.
Chris8282
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 6

Postby Thoul » Fri Feb 15, '08, 3:06 am

Sure, but just labeling things as plot holes isn't as fun as trying to figure out how it can work in the story without being a plot hole. ;)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Snorb » Fri Feb 15, '08, 3:56 pm

Could have been worse. They could have had to rely on... alternate methods of travel to get across Algo.

(tiny muffled version of the Phantasy Star I theme song plays)
Chaos Sorcerer: (answers Visiphone) Chaos Sorcerer! ........Ah, Profound Darkness! How are you!? ...........Chaz Ashleigh? He's about to go to Dezolis? .............You want ME to stop him? Hrrrm. They have the only spaceship in Algo....... oh. Oh, dear. Oh dear indeed. ............Well.......... all right, I'll give it a try...

(the Item Shop in Kadary)
Shopkeeper: Welcome! This is the Tool store! Which of my wares interests you most, friends?
Chaos Sorcerer: (in demonic voice) Good day to you! I'd like a jar of your finest lard, please!
Shopkeeper: LARD - A magic item with the COOKN power. 5 MES. Is this what you want?
Chaos Sorcerer: Yes...
Shopkeeper: Thank you very much!

(outside)
Chaos Sorcerer: (rubbing the lard all over himself as he crawls into the barrel of a gigantic cannon) *sigh* A couple uses of the Grantz Skill would have paid for itself by now... (crawls into cannon, gives thumbs-up)
Zio's Guard: (fires cannon)
(The Chaos Sorcerer does a beautiful dead-on-arrival flop out of the barrel onto the ground, while his mantle and staff go flying towards the emergency shuttle)
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Chris8282 » Sun Feb 17, '08, 4:44 pm

Sure, but just labeling things as plot holes isn't as fun as trying to figure out how it can work in the story without being a plot hole. ;)

I definately agree. I just wanted to defend the game since for some people a game having a plot hole ruins the experience.

Sorry, but, I have nothing to add on the subject.
Chris8282
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 6

Postby Thoul » Sun Feb 17, '08, 7:12 pm

:rofl: "A magic item with the COOKN power." I wonder which item has the FRYIN power. ;)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Phantasy Star IV