Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

I...
Overprepared for the battle. 60%  60%  [ 6 ]
Was cought off-gaurd by Zios power. 40%  40%  [ 4 ]
Really didnt care when Alys died. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Was glad to see Alys die. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 10
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, '07, 12:11 am 
I like to consider myself a PS4 junkie, but sometimes I think I go a bit too far. Crying when Alys dies, cussing out Re-Faze, over-stocking my inventory for the battle with Zio, things like that. Am I the only person that used Grand Cross during the battle with Zio?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, '07, 12:51 am 
Hmm. This question is for the first battle against Zio, yes? Or both encounters?

I did prepare to some degree, but I don't think it was overly excessive. So, I went with "overprepared for battle" since I know I wasn't under-doing it. The same is true for the 2nd battle as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, '07, 1:04 am 
Good answers. This confirms that I'm not the only person that overdoes things!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, '07, 1:47 am 
In my first play through, I was caught off guard. After defeating Juza and then seeing Demi at the top, I was not expecting a second boss to appear so soon. I went all out in that first battle. When I saw all my attacks having no effect, I tried all sorts of things and threw out everything I could think of. It was frustrating to keep seeing those 1's coming up.

The second time around was very fulfilling when I got to really nail his behind to the wall. His sudden appearance still surprised me a little, but revenge tasted very sweet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, '07, 4:59 am 
It's nice to hear your take on this. I never beat Juzu until I was 14. Once I beat him I thought it was all over too... I'll never forget the day when I first saw Alys die. I cried myself to sleep.

I honestly think that the second battle with Zio was a grudge-match for everyone. I'd be suprised if anyone came here and told me that they didnt over-prepare for that battle. Honestly, by the time I fought Zio, Rune knew Efess. I kept using grand cross until he died.. I dont think even one of my characters took more than 20 damage. All in all, I think it's safe to say that once you fought Juza, everyone thought the dungeon was beaten. We probobly arent the only ones that threw everything we had at Zio during that first fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 1, '07, 6:37 pm 
I think I was underprepared, if anything. The first fight totally took me off guard. I think one or two of my people died in that one because I didn't heal after the guy before Zio.

The second time was a little better, but I didn't spend a lot of time leveling up before hand or anything. As far as I remember, I didn't use any combos, just regular attacks. It was a long battle, but not too hard thanks to that wand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 1, '07, 7:23 pm 
I must admit that I too was caught off gaurd by Zio. As I've said before, his apearance in Zios Fort was quite a suprise after defeating, who I thought was, the boss (Juza).
As for the second battle, I trained non-stop. I cried so hard after Alys died that I turned the battle with Zio into a personal fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 1, '07, 8:55 pm 
I over-prepared for every boss battle in the series (except for Mother Brain who I think is impossible to over-prepare for). On one hand it's nice to roll through a boss relatively unharmed, on the other it's a bit anti-climatic if they're too easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 1, '07, 9:02 pm 
HAHA! Well said. Yeah, I have to agree with you on Mother Brain.. That **** is easily the hardest enemy throughout the entire series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 4, '07, 3:42 am 
Did I overprepare? Youre asking me? The guy who waited until level 20 to go get Ashline?

Heck yes, Zuza goes down with a small but noticeable effort, then Zio comes along and kills Alys after everyone goes and gets a good WHACK!!!! at him. XD No I guess thats exaggerating but still, I'd sit there and wait till the characters start forgeting stuff before I go after the PD. XDDDD

Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next