Wren's great blunder

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Wren's great blunder

Postby Thoul » Sun Dec 9, '07, 4:34 am

In Phantasy Star IV, Wren has made a huge mistake when he first meets Chaz and friends. Wren is trapped on the artificial satellite Zelan with no way to leave or communicate. Why do you think Wren would allow himself to get into such a predicament?

Granted, he was able to communicate with Rika and Seed, but Rika says those talks stopped six months prior to this meeting. If Zio took over Nurvus at about the same time, that means Wren was stranded for half a year. As the person in charge of maintaining all the environmental control systems, shouldn't Wren have kept a means of travel, like the shuttle near Nurvus, in case he needed to do repairs on one of the systems?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby PSP » Sun Dec 9, '07, 4:45 pm

Logically speaking? Yes, he should have had access to transport so that he could travel to the other systems and perform repairs. It seems he was halfway prepared for action, having the Stealth Canceler and Ice-Digger on hand, but the lack of an actual spaceship is troubling.

Perhaps the ship at Nurvus was supposed to be able to go back and forth between Nurvus and Zelan on auto-pilot, giving both Demi and Wren the ability to travel to remote locations? Zio, having seized control of Nurvus, could have deactivated the spaceport leaving Wren effectively stranded.

-Corey
PSP
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 20

Postby Celeith » Sun Dec 9, '07, 6:07 pm

I guess so.. Wren coulda rigged the Ice Digger with some rockets and used it as a means of travel through space
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Dec 9, '07, 8:30 pm

Maybe the ice diggers drills could have been used as escape pods. XD

"I didn't know why Alis would just let us run over the monsters, mind you it would have been pretty revolting with the Ice Diggers drills" -Conversations within Elsydeon
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Neithird » Mon Dec 10, '07, 5:50 pm

Silly Wren, getting himself into such a tight spot. The auto pilot idea sounds good. My bet is that Demi would handle any repairs needed on Motavia. There aren't many systems on Dezoris, so travel shouldn't have been needed very often.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Thoul » Tue Dec 11, '07, 5:16 am

PSP wrote:Perhaps the ship at Nurvus was supposed to be able to go back and forth between Nurvus and Zelan on auto-pilot, giving both Demi and Wren the ability to travel to remote locations? Zio, having seized control of Nurvus, could have deactivated the spaceport leaving Wren effectively stranded.

That makes sense. Dark Force taking Kuran could have also prevented Wren from triggering an auto pilot.

Still, I'm surprised Wren wouldn't have a backup method of travel. It just seems un-Wren like.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Xellos » Thu Dec 27, '07, 6:49 pm

Maybe they consider not necesary to have a backup method of travel, cause they not imaginated DF takes control of the satellite

"If I tell you that, my chief Shabranigudu will kill me, hehe"
Xellos
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 11

Re: Wren's great blunder

Postby Scootaloo » Sun May 4, '14, 4:36 pm

I have noticed that Wren was left on Zelan, but maybe he didn't need to do much that time ?
Scootaloo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 48

Return to Phantasy Star IV