Best Lines Between Hero and Villain

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Best Lines Between Hero and Villain

Postby Celeith » Wed Oct 1, '08, 10:47 pm

You guessed it, write down your favorite lines between a hero of a game while he confronts the enemy he's been after for so long. I'll go first.

Richter: Die monster. You don't belong in this world!

Dracula: It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute.

Richter: Tribute!?! You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!

Dracula: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions...

Richter: Your words are as empty as your soul! Mankind ill needs a savior such as you!

Dracula: What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!

Richter Belmont vs Dracula (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night)
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Snorb » Thu Oct 2, '08, 3:45 am

(Duke Nukem 3D: Duke completely obliterates a random mook with the Rocket-Propelled Grenade launcher)

Duke: Your face, your *, what's the difference?

(Quest for Glory II: Trial by Fire, when fighting the final actual combat as a Fighter. This is more * than my mere transcript makes it out to be, trust me.)

Khaveen: So, you have managed to escape. Ad Avis does not know everything, it seems. (The Hero and Khaveen both move into the center of the room) But this is as far as you'll get!

The Hero: (draws sword and shield)

Khaveen: Good. I've been waiting for this moment. (draws his sword and shield) Let's see how much of a hero you really are.

(The combat GUI slides into place on the screen, and they fight for a few seconds, before Khaveen disarms the Hero)

Khaveen: Ha! That was easy! Too easy! And Ad Avis called you a hero! I'm disappointed! Now, yield to me and grovel on the floor. I might consider sparing your life. Yield!

The Hero: (choice 5: Refuse to Yield.) You shake your head in defiance.

Khaveen: When I said yield, I meant yield!

The Hero: (choice 5: Refuse to Yield.) You tell Khaveen that you won't yield to him, no matter what.

Khaveen: I said YIELD!

The Hero: (choice 5: Refuse to Yield.) You dare Khaveen to kill you in cold blood. In response, Khaveen raises his sword to strike.

The Hero: (choice 6: Go for Your Sword!) (ducks, picks up his sword JUST as Khaveen swings and misses!)

Djinni: Good for you, Master!

(the Hero and Khaveen fight for a few more strokes, before Khaveen is disarmed.)

The Hero: (choice 2: Order Him to Yield.) You order Khaveen to yield and grovel before you.

Khaveen: Never!

The Hero: (choice 2: Order Him to Yield.) You tell Khaveen to yield or perish.

Khaveen: I shall not yield!

The Hero: (choice 3: Give Khaveen Another Chance.) You tell Khaveen that you refuse to kill him in cold blood, and order him to retrieve his weapon. Khaveen seems genuinely surprised, but follows your order.

Khaveen: Hmph, so you think you're skilled enough for a rematch? Don't think I'll hold back on you.

(combat music starts. You and Khaveen fight, and finally...)

Khaveen (voice sample): ARRRRRRGGH!

Narrator: After a tough battle, Khaveen finally receives a mortal wound at your hands.

The Hero: (puts sword and shield away, then talks to Khaveen's body) "A worthy opponent," you say to yourself.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Return to General Gaming