Trying out a new Art Style

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

Celeith,Paige and Sani

Celeith,Paige and Sani

View Gallery Page

Trying out a new Art Style

Postby Celeith » Mon Aug 15, '11, 6:17 am

I thought I'd try out a new art style and draw 3 of the 5 main characters from my story. As everyone knows from my Celeith artwork she is easily recognized in much of my artwork. I decided to add a few new things, such as her new bow. I'm gonna clean this image up later and color it.

Time to give a few info on these characters since they're new.
On our left we have Paige Adenaide, Paige comes from a race called the Dervish, similar to mystical "Elves" of most games and fantasy, or even somewhat like the Numan's of Phantasy Star, the Dervish race is hunted to near extinction, only a few colonies remain and the Dervish folk never leave their colonies. Paige was adopted by a Elurian (human-race) when she was a infant and raised among the people of the nomad tribe that wanders the Zobi fields. Paige wears a witch like hat to hide her Dervish ears, but also signifies her individuality as the groups main magic user. Don't let her young appearance fool you, as she is only 1 year away from being 18.

And on our right we have Sani Cross. Sani's design is still being tweaked a bit. Sani is the captain of the Utopia, a small seagoing ship. Sani is a novice thief, as robbing Celeith is her first gig. Celeith sees kindness in Sani and has her join her team. The three girls have a sister like bond with each other and they fight among each other quite often. Although Sani is a thief-like character she is not the fastest character in the group. Rather she is able to employ tactical moves and has a keen sence of things that allows the party to advance over many obstacles in their journey.

Now 1 bit of knowledge about the three girls.

Celeith is terrified of water, as she can't swim.

Paige has a bit of a inferiority complex, as she tends to be jealous of Celeith and Sani for being more endowed then she is, even though she is almost an adult. This causes many rages towards her enemies when they make fun of her "small chest"

Sani is the 6th child of 9 siblings who all look alike in appearance. This causes her to try and be more different then her siblings which actually relates to her meeting with Celeith.
Last edited by Celeith on Mon Aug 15, '11, 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Re: Trying out a new Art Style

Postby Lucas » Mon Aug 15, '11, 10:40 am

Hey nice, I really like them. It could be the style you're going for but their heads are a little too big for their bodies, but they've been drawn quite well. I also like the bow in Celeith's hair, it looks very realistic in a way. Overall nice job Kaloes. :up:

Keen for a heroine cross over sometime? Autumn, Elisa and DG meet Celeith, Paige and Sani? :P

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Celeith » Mon Aug 15, '11, 6:51 pm

Lucas wrote:Hey nice, I really like them. It could be the style you're going for but their heads are a little too big for their bodies, but they've been drawn quite well. I also like the bow in Celeith's hair, it looks very realistic in a way. Overall nice job Kaloes. :up:

Keen for a heroine cross over sometime? Autumn, Elisa and DG meet Celeith, Paige and Sani? :P

I've learned to accept that I draw a bit larger heads then normal so I've decided to make it my own and just keep it rather then shrink them. Yea could always do a cross-over but would they be able to stand up to Celeith and her friends. I mean look at them, they're awesome standing at that (pier!) with that sunny background.. Can't you see it lol.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby tilinelson2 » Mon Aug 15, '11, 9:30 pm

Ho, very nice drawings. The larger heads give it a "cutesy" feel to the characters, which is considered a style on its own (not necessarily chibi). Though the faces are rather similar, all the rest (hair, body, clothes) have their personality, making it easy to distinguish one character from the other.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby Thoul » Mon Aug 15, '11, 9:39 pm

I was going to make a comment about the head size too, but if that's the style you're going for, then I understand it. Sometimes it's best to embrace a new way of doing things. I do like that all of the characters have unique personalities that are easily spotted in their appearance. Expression of inner character is a difficult thing to master, but you've got a good stride going on that.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Bragatyr » Mon Aug 22, '11, 3:27 pm

I actually think the stylized heads work very well. They're quite expressive, which works well for this style. You have very clean line work, too, and I think the eyes and hair in particular are very well done.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Aug 22, '11, 10:06 pm

They all look cute! I'm glad you gave us the descriptive information on all of them so we could get to know them better. I'll look forward to seeing what you do with this one in color.

Excellent as always, Kaloes! :clap:
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to Artwork