Dezoris Eclipse (more piano!)

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Re: Dezoris Eclipse (more piano!)

Postby Bragatyr » Sun Jan 20, '13, 9:39 pm

I actually had a similar experience. I never thought anything of the theme when I was playing the game, for some weird reason, but when I came back later to check the song out and learn it I was really hooked. It has a kind of Slavic or Russian feel, it seems to me, which I guess is appropriate.

You know, I would definitely like to see what you would do with Requiem for Lutz/Esper Mansion, since I know that's a favorite of yours, and it's just a really haunting song. But on the subject of Phantasy Star I, I can personally never get enough of the final dungeon theme. I would love to do a piano version myself, but I think you could do the chordal stuff and elaborate on the theme a lot better.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby myau56 » Sun Jan 20, '13, 11:01 pm

Same for me as you two, Bragatyr and Augmentedfourth : at first, the Dezoris theme was not a real great theme to my ears, especially compared to the themes of Palma and Motavia.
I think that it is like alot of things : we "don't like" them at first but later, after many years or many changes, we start to enjoy it more and more ! That is the case here :)
Last edited by myau56 on Sun Jan 20, '13, 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby augmentedfourth » Mon Jan 21, '13, 7:38 pm

Bragatyr wrote:You know, I would definitely like to see what you would do with Requiem for Lutz/Esper Mansion, since I know that's a favorite of yours, and it's just a really haunting song. But on the subject of Phantasy Star I, I can personally never get enough of the final dungeon theme. I would love to do a piano version myself, but I think you could do the chordal stuff and elaborate on the theme a lot better.

Those are both REALLY good ideas. In thinking about it, I'm wondering if the PSI dungeon themes can be arranged similarly to what I did with the overworlds. I'll play around with it. In the meantime, maybe I will do something more straightforward with Requiem for Lutz, as the arrangement's already pretty powerful the way it is. (And you're right - I do love that track, and I'm wondering why I forgot that simple fact....) Thanks!
augmentedfourth
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 256

Postby myau56 » Mon Jan 21, '13, 8:49 pm

All the Dungeons musics in Phantasy Star 1 are great ! My favourite is the music of the four towers ! This music is so fantastic to my ears... :fiery:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Previous

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More