Demo to be released soon! ^^

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Re: Demo to be released soon! ^^

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri Oct 2, '09, 9:42 pm

Lyla2284 wrote:Atlin:Could you be more specific about the common events?I'd really like to know how you do it. :wink:

Well I mean basically, I noticed that many of the event you had were the same. Take PSIV for example, where Chaz kept saying "Nice Flowers." Now, instead of going through and doing 100 of those, you could just do it once in a common event, then activate it in an event.

Hehe,poor Hahn.It's recommended you keep him alive,you know.He can actually be quite useful in that hell that is the Tonoe basement. :D But,of course,you can make it much harder...hehehehe.Btw,do you use the Defense command?Your chars take half damage from battle.I normally let Hahn defend from level 1 through to about lvl 4,when he has some decent HP and TP.And I let Alys buff as usual.

Hah. I didn't even think about that. Guess I'll have to try, though those mini worms still suck. >_<

And I know about that annoying glitch that pops up every now and then. :bang: It doesn't only happen with the Attack command,but even for the Skill/Tech command.It's not very common,thankfully. :melodramatic:

I've had it happen everytime with the attack so far, so I just wanted to let you know. I'll do my best to learn ruby so I can attempt to fix it. ^_^
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Oct 2, '09, 11:01 pm

Lyla2284 wrote:CW: I hope you don't take offense at this,but I never heard of Earthbound until I saw your posts. :( It sounds like a great game,though. :) I'm just adding a bit of realism to the game.

Actually, not hearing of Earthbound hardly surprises me, as it's one of those awesome games that no one paid attention to until Ness (EB protagonist) appeared in the first Smash Brothers game and has been in each game in that series to date. But it is a great game. Really, really is. ^^ And my previous post was slightly tongue-in-cheek, I figured you were just adding realism to the game. Honestly, I also wondered how Rika didn't get frostbite on Dezolis. I just read 'heatstroke' and I couldn't help but think of Earthbound's sunstroke status effect. I like realism/surrealism, which is one reason I love Earthbound.

I'll say this...I won't go out of my way for the demo, but as you'll be releasing the full game right around my winter break, that'll give me plenty of time to find a workaround to get the game to work on my virtual machine around other things I do. Plus...winter break. I'll have time for games then. :D
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Darkil » Sat Oct 3, '09, 1:35 am

I am certain I've missed this somewhere, but when I try to start the demo I get an error that says "cannot find file graphics/pictures/intro1" and then it closes out. I'm thinking I'm just overlooking the obvious but if you would please point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it :mrgreen:
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Atlinsmere » Sat Oct 3, '09, 7:22 am

Darkil wrote:I am certain I've missed this somewhere, but when I try to start the demo I get an error that says "cannot find file graphics/pictures/intro1" and then it closes out. I'm thinking I'm just overlooking the obvious but if you would please point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it :mrgreen:

Go into the game folder, into the graphics then pictures. In there just copy one of the other pictures and rename the copy to intro1. It works good if you copy the "Lay_File" picture. You'll run into a lot more problems too because of a few other missing files so I'll try and upload my game copy (it has plenty of tileset changes and the Igglanova is harder to beat) that is of course, if it's okay with Lyla.
Atlinsmere

Postby Lyla2284 » Sat Oct 3, '09, 8:56 am

Yeah,it's perfectly fine with me,Atlin.It's odd you know.I've playtested my game more times than I care to remember and yet I still overlook the simplest of things,like missing files... :( I guess I'm so focused on eliminating possible 'game-killing bugs' that I ignore things like passability issues in the tilesets.

Thanks for going through it,though.And for making it far harder than what I originally intended it to be. :yes: Btw,do you think I should revive my topic on hbgames.org?I haven't been there in over 3 months.And you know what they're like about necroposting.

And Darkil,I apologise if those missing files are going to ruin your game experience.I know what it's like... :grumpy:
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Atlinsmere » Sun Oct 4, '09, 7:39 am

Lyla2284 wrote:Yeah,it's perfectly fine with me,Atlin.It's odd you know.I've playtested my game more times than I care to remember and yet I still overlook the simplest of things,like missing files... :( I guess I'm so focused on eliminating possible 'game-killing bugs' that I ignore things like passability issues in the tilesets.

Don't worry, I know how that is. I just guess that some things happen that way. As for the game. I'm going to go through and get up to the point where Rika was supposed to join. Just because as I was playing it and when I arrived in a certain town of stoners (Aren't I punny?), There was missing music so I'm fixing that too.

Thanks for going through it,though.And for making it far harder than what I originally intended it to be. :yes:

Not a problem. I mean, if I'm havbing a harder time fighting a couple monsters than the boss. Then what kind of boss is it? Though the miniworms I think are a bit too tough so I might dumb them down a bit. Not too much but enough that you can survive a battle or two without having to constantly heal. >_<

Btw,do you think I should revive my topic on hbgames.org?I haven't been there in over 3 months.And you know what they're like about necroposting.

Personally, I rarely go to HB, but if you do revive it, make sure you have a good reason. Such as an immense update. That way, people won't have a reason to complain.
Atlinsmere

Postby Lyla2284 » Sun Oct 4, '09, 3:56 pm

You can just send me the name of the missing files and I'll send them to you,Atlin.I've just been through the Tonoe basement again...and I got a GameOver...hehe :D It's challenging,but not to such an extent that you'll be pulling out your hair in frustration.I actually enjoy that dungeon the most. :) But the Bio-plant is ridiculously easy.I got lazy on the mapping,so I'm thinking of redoing it so it resembles PS2's Bio-plant.

I doubt I'll revive my topic at HB,though.I made this game for the fans,not the general RPGMaker community. :D

CW:You won't mind downloading a 150mb+ game,hey?That's the estimated
size of the full version of the game. :)

And I finally figured out how to animate Dark Force and the other 'full-screen' bosses!Took me weeks to find out.
'gives self a pat on the back'

Unfortunately,I haven't got the attack animations.I need a dedicated number of rippers to do that...Hmmm. :( Too much work though.

Now if there only someone interested enough to do a trailer of my game...
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Oct 4, '09, 6:55 pm

Lyla2284 wrote:CW:You won't mind downloading a 150mb+ game,hey?That's the estimated
size of the full version of the game. :)

Of course not. The trick is getting it to work, not downloading it. :wink: I don't know if you've considered uploading it and making it available as a .zip file or some other compressed form, but if not, you should consider that so it's a bit smaller to download. I know some of the Morrowind mods I download and install would be that big, if not bigger, if the creators didn't make them available in compressed formats.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lyla2284 » Sun Oct 4, '09, 8:58 pm

Hmm...I tried compressing it to make it smaller,but there's no diffrence because RPGMaker Xp automatically compresses the game for upload...And it's still so huge. :(

That's nothing.I once saw a demo,lasting about 4hours,that was 150mb+ in size.Blame it on the Audio and Graphics folders. :D

Here's a couple of new screenies that will be avaliable in the full version of the game.I've reworked all the menus because I wasn't happy with them.

The background image is animated in this window as well as in the equip screen.A screenshot doesn't do justice to it. :)

Same applies to this window. :wink:

Hope you like the new menus.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Darkil » Mon Oct 5, '09, 1:34 pm

Per Atlin's suggestion I got everything to work and so far it's playing quite nice. I love the touches you done on it in the first town alone! Of course my biggest nerd moment had to be when you chose the sound from Star Ocean The 2nd Story to use for when you select 'New Game' or 'Continue' or any other menu option. It was very nice to hear a familiar sound. I can't wait to get further along and enjoy everything you've painstakingly put into this great remake!
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More