Demo to be released soon! ^^

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Re: Demo to be released soon! ^^

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Oct 7, '09, 7:04 pm

Glad to see you're enjoying it so far,Atlin.I've got a question for you,and it is in regard to the difficulty of the monsters stats that you've re-adjusted.

I just need to get an average reading of every monster(well,not EVERY single monster, :wink: ),I just need to know how strong you've really made them,so I can apply similar changes to the full version of the game.I want it to be challenging,but I don't want it to be as hard as The Avenger's Hell and Purgartory mode mods.Not everyone likes level grinding,and I don't want to ruin the overall gaming experience.From what I read,in the Hell Mode version,you had to be over lvl 70 to defeat the Profound Darkness. :o
That's far too much,even coming from someone who lurves to lvl grind. :D

But a few lvls wouldn't hurt,now would it? :)
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Oct 7, '09, 7:46 pm

Lyla2284 wrote:I want it to be challenging,but I don't want it to be as hard as The Avenger's Hell and Purgartory mode mods.Not everyone likes level grinding,and I don't want to ruin the overall gaming experience.

Awesome. I really don't like it when I must level grind just to complete the game. Grinding is the reason I've never completed the purgatory mod...too much of it! There's challenging...then there's grinding.

Hypocrisy brought to you by someone trying to get all 25 1/128 item drops in Earthbound.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Oct 7, '09, 7:49 pm

I agree with you 100% there CW.That's why I never bothered to download the mods.Far too much effort.

Games are supposed to be enjoyable,right.Unless there's a masochist inside us. :lol:

EDIT:Oh,I forgot to mention.I've added two brand new Guild commisions,'Provisions needed' and 'Rogue Sandworms',where you have to fight not one,not two,but THREE DesertLeeches! :o Since there is no vechile system,(too hard to script,unfortunately),enemies like * and the aforementioned DesertLeech make for formidable opponents. :) Provisions needed is basically a 'fetch and carry' mission.

Did I mention the limit breaks? :mrgreen:
Last edited by Lyla2284 on Wed Oct 7, '09, 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Oct 7, '09, 7:55 pm

Lyla2284 wrote:Games are supposed to be enjoyable,right.Unless there's a masochist inside us. :lol:

Not only are you talking to someone who's trying to get all 25 1/128 item drops in Earthbound, you're also talking to someone who spent about 4 months trying to beat Boss Battles mode in Smash Bros. Brawl at intense difficulty. In fact I've done it twice and am now trying it a third time. And eventually I'll try doing it without using any of the three heart containers you're provided with. And I'm going to do it with Ness, naturally.

Back to your regularly scheduled topic? :wink:
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Oct 7, '09, 8:29 pm

Lyla2284 wrote:Glad to see you're enjoying it so far,Atlin.I've got a question for you,and it is in regard to the difficulty of the monsters stats that you've re-adjusted.

Well, so far I think I only made two changes. One being igglanova boss fight. I added two xanafalgues to the battle and upped Igglanova's HP to 8500. It seemed about right for me. I did however, lower a little bit of stats on the miniworm.

Miniworm:
HP 828
STR 60
ATK 60

I believe those were the only stats I adjusted to this point.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Abominae » Wed Oct 7, '09, 9:11 pm

1) Hahn keeps dying on me. :evil:
2) There are several missing files and I don't know which ones you intended to go where. (audio/image files) :misspeak:
3) I made it up to err... what was that place? Zema! :up:

It's great so far :clap: ... it just needs a lot of dialogue editing :reading: ... And for Hahn to not suck so hard. :bang:

Who said something about a masochist!? :heartbeat:
Abominae
Hunter
Hunter

Achievements: 27

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Oct 7, '09, 9:14 pm

Just send me the names of the missing files and I'll upload them asap. :wink:
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Oct 7, '09, 9:19 pm

Abominae wrote:1) Hahn keeps dying on me. :evil:

Defend! Keep Defending! He takes half damage that way!

2) There are several missing files and I don't know which ones you intended to go where. (audio/image files) :misspeak:

Well, look at the missing filename then for now, just go into the appropriate folder (Graphics, Audio, etc) and copy one of those files, from there rename it as that missing filename and it'll work fine. Just a temp. fix until the missing files issue can be resolved.

3) I made it up to err... what was that place? Zema! :up:

If you're talking about the place north of Mile, then yes, that is Zema. It's missing an audio file if I remember correctly. I forget what the filename was called because I just went directly into the editor and changed it to a different music that way.

It's great so far :clap: ... it just needs a lot of dialogue editing :reading: ... And for Hahn to not suck so hard. :bang:

I agree. Though Hahn is pretty challenging, but I mustn't let him die! I must DEFEND! DEFEND! DEFEND!

Hope that helped you.
Atlinsmere

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Oct 7, '09, 9:23 pm

I'll up Mr.Mahlay's stats if he's too much of a wimp. :wink: Give him some more health,maybe increase his Mental strength a bit,because he will be VERY useful later on. :D He survives perfectly well when I'm playtesting.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Oct 7, '09, 9:29 pm

Lyla2284 wrote:I'll up Mr.Mahlay's stats if he's too much of a wimp. :wink: Give him some more health,maybe increase his Mental strength a bit,because he will be VERY useful later on. :D He survives perfectly well when I'm playtesting.

The main problem I'm having is Hahn vs a miniworm. >_< He really sucks at fighting them! But then again, I keep forgetting to defend.
Atlinsmere

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More