Demi - Mini powerhouse

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

Demi - Mini powerhouse

Demi - Mini powerhouse

View Gallery Page

Demi - Mini powerhouse

Postby Lyla2284 » Sat Aug 28, '10, 8:31 pm

It's been a while since I submitted a PS classic based fan art, so my newest submission is that of everyone's favourite little android, Demi. This was an old image a drew awhile back for my game, and I decided to give it another try at the colouring. My first airbrush attempt at this was pretty awful, but I'm sticking to the cell-shaded look that you see in most of my work.

Hope CW (and anyone who loves this little android) likes this. ^^
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Re: Demi - Mini powerhouse

Postby Xander » Sat Aug 28, '10, 8:45 pm

The background looks a little funny on the left side, but the drawing itself is really nice. :D
I'll have to see what's in the compendium and draw her too, even if it's just going to be a copy drawing.
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Lyla2284 » Sat Aug 28, '10, 8:53 pm

There's very little reference of poor Demi in the Compendium, so I had to resort to using this image from the original... Can't say that for Rika though. Yoshida loved her. She has at least 3 settei sheets all to herself. *grumpy*
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Xander » Sat Aug 28, '10, 9:01 pm

The same for Wren too. My hat goes off to anyone who draws an original piece of Demi or Wren art. They would be so hard to do. Though I won't complain about all the Rika art. :p I actually plan to draw her in her hunter outfit once I get my original piece worked out. I drew a portrait of it today and it was good fun to do.

Oh, and i'm glad you're beefing her up in BaNL. While it may have been because she was only with you for a short time, a little extra power and resilience wouldn't have hurt. It didn't seem to matter what level she was at, in the fight with Zio all she ever did was heal herself, otherwise she'd be dead after 2 hits. :/
Last edited by Xander on Sat Aug 28, '10, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Lyla2284 » Sat Aug 28, '10, 9:06 pm

Hehe, Demi is simply awesome in BaNL. Zio can do squat damage to her! Just check my newest video that I submitted. She takes very little damage from Zio's attacks. ^^ Her Black Hole OverDrive can hit Mechas for 250-300+ damage, and her Phonon is as awesome as ever. Not to mention she scores critical hits like a demon as well.

So yeah, all the under-appreciated characters become awesome in BaNL ( Hahn and Demi ).
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Aug 28, '10, 9:10 pm

Yes, Lyla, as a matter of fact, I do approve of this image. I always liked this image when it showed up in the game and as you already know, I'm glad she's getting beefed up a bit in your game as she deserves. So yeah. Nice work! ^^
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Atlinsmere » Sat Aug 28, '10, 9:13 pm

My name is Atlinsmere, and I approve this message picture.=D
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Xander » Sat Aug 28, '10, 9:14 pm

Ah yes, Black Hole is awesome. And she seems to reach her overdrive pretty quickly somehow. :D

While I never really had any problems with Hahn in PS IV, it was nice to see him get buffed a little bit and actually become a bit more useful. Though I wonder, is Dual Strike a good idea? I mean, he's usually casting techniques unless he's out of TP, but that ability also runs on TP doesn't it?

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Lyla2284 » Sat Aug 28, '10, 9:23 pm

Xander wrote: Though I wonder, is Dual Strike a good idea? I mean, he's usually casting techniques unless he's out of TP, but that ability also runs on TP doesn't it?

Yeah, it costs around 10 TP per shot, but if you buff him with Vision and Shift, you'll be pleasantly surprised. ;) But let's save this discussion for my game thread, lest we go off topic. :D
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Aug 28, '10, 10:44 pm

Very nice drawing.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Next