Death Trance - Aeroprism's death place remix

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Death Trance - Aeroprism's death place remix

Postby Aeroprism » Sat Jun 26, '10, 5:31 am

Serious business!

Disclaimer: I have not slept in more hours than I care to admit. Incoherence and insanity may ensue. Further proof: I just accidentally closed my browser and had to retype this from scratch. The pain.

Here's the deal. You love PS, I love PS. You love listening to music, I love making music. It's like we were made for each other, you, my guinea pigs VIP Audience and I, the grand maestro of remixes. I have been making remixes for some ten years now. Four completed remixes and one almost done, that a little less than one remix every two years. Why so slow? Lack of motivation. My muse fuel is quite simple: I love when people trip with me. My personal friends do not share my deep love for PS and as we say where I come from, "No one is prophet in his own land." Therefore I come to you, happy strange PS people. More motivation = more remixes. Proof of this in three paragraphs.

What I want to do is simple. Every time I start a PS remix project, I post a topic here. From then, all I need are opinions, advice, cheers or boos, yays or nays, hugs or threats. Whatever crosses your minds as you listen to my progress.

Sound clips will be available in two formats. When I am in need of opinionage regarding a very small part, a quick passage in a song, I'll post that part in mp3 format, hosted on my server. When I deem a project has passed a major landmark, I post a temporary Youtube version for review.

So far so good?

Proof you have been good influence so far? Not a week ago I joined this place and the first thing I said is "My Death Place remix is on pause, I am stumped." Well I have experienced un-stumping of epic proportions. The remix is almost complete. The structure is done, the intro is done. The finale is under way. The drum track is almost there. Yup.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. For those who haven't heard it yet, here's the teaser poster a while ago.

Now that we have that out of the way, here are a few "qualities" this remix will have.

Nekoprism's trademarks, which are lots and lots of choirs, many instruments playing at once and rich and varied drum sequences. There will probably be a key change somewhere as well. I love those.

As of tonight, the song clocks at a little over 5:30. Due to heavy changes in the bass track, it sounds MUCH louder than before. I must however make sure I remain in the techno range and avoid orchestration.

Sound files to come soon. (As in, tomorrow or sunday at the latest) I will have 2-3 small files to suggest and when those are discusses satisfyingly, I'll do the Youtube thing.

I hope you guys are as thrilled about this as I am. It's awesome to make PS remixes FOR real PS fans.

This post has gone on long enough and I need sleep.

-Aero :zzz:
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Re: Death Trance - Aeroprism's death place remix

Postby Tanith » Sat Jun 26, '10, 6:52 am

Wow, really looking forward to it, and I agree with your comment during the video about the gen2 music. Sega really botched the music.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby xellos667 » Sat Jun 26, '10, 1:52 pm

I left the comment directly on your video :) Keep it up, it your best remix so far
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Postby Aeroprism » Mon Jun 28, '10, 2:43 am

I hate the fact that this project will soon be over, it's by far the most enjoyable remix I have worked on.

I will post my promised files soon, I had a very busy week end.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby Aeroprism » Mon Jun 28, '10, 11:10 pm

And there we go, our first audio file to evaluate.

Meet my friends Death Place phaser ON and Death Place phaser OFF

Which one do you prefer? The difference is a simple phase device attached to the second string synth.

This does not need to be a "white/black" answer. Be verbose, the Prism will be pleased.
Last edited by Aeroprism on Sat Apr 16, '11, 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby Tanith » Tue Jun 29, '10, 12:53 am

I could go either way. With it on, it has more of an outer space feel to it (which is appropriate) and with it off it has more of a stadium jam feel (also appropriate, methinks). I'm so helpful. :) I think I'd have to hear it with the melody added to really know which I like best.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Aeroprism » Tue Jun 29, '10, 1:01 am

Hahaha, go with both with Tanith. You know, switching a device on and off during play is very very simple so you might have a good idea.

New sample to evaluate! Choirs!!

Those bastages gave me trouble like you wouldn't believe, especially the second part. Opinion needed!!

VIVA LE TYPO DU LINK!

Thanks Tanith.
Last edited by Aeroprism on Sat Apr 16, '11, 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby Tanith » Tue Jun 29, '10, 1:09 am

Link's not working, Aero.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Aeroprism » Tue Jun 29, '10, 1:12 am

Fixed!
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby Tanith » Tue Jun 29, '10, 1:14 am

Nice! Like the full choir; very operatic and heroic.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Next

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More