Death Note

Drawn or CGI, animated movies and shows fit well with the gaming crowd.

Death Note

Postby Celeith » Sun Jan 13, '08, 10:04 pm

After finally finishing my two favorite animes Full Metal Alchmist and Eureka Seven I started watching Death Note that recently began running on Adult Swim. I actually find this anime really interesting and neat even though the whole setting of the anime revolves around death and a game of cat and mouse. Have any of you ever watched this and what do you think? I think after I finish the anime I'll find some manga and eventually watch the 2 live action movies later on.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Thoul » Sun Jan 13, '08, 11:55 pm

I've watched a little bit of it on TV. Just an episode here or there; I haven't made a point of seeing it. It's okay... the story is certainly an interesting and original premise. The cat and mouse aspect you mentioned is really entertaining to watch, as the detectives try to catch the main character.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Jan 14, '08, 12:08 am

Misa's a freak. XD I LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH! I WANT A MARATHON OF NEW EPISODES! I would be Ryuk so far, having no interaction but a front row seat. XDDD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Celeith » Mon Jan 14, '08, 2:57 am

I know this show is so freakin sweet, i can't stop listening to the ending song.. its to addicting.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby Rudo » Wed Jan 16, '08, 3:58 am

I haven't seen it, but it sounds interesting. I will have to put it on my list of things to see.
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby Celeith » Thu Jan 17, '08, 12:06 am

I finished watching the anime last night and watched both of the movies today. They both ended good.. now i just wait for the 3rd movie and stuff, currently reading the manga right now
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby Tsunami » Thu Jan 17, '08, 4:06 am

I've watched a few episodes on Adult swim before and thought it looked alright. Perhaps if I get the chance, I'll try to catch more of this anime.

Also... Anyone else see Light's potato chip obession? Lol... I don't think I can take this anime too seriously with those epic potato chips!

Btw Kaloes, your signature amuses me. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Jan 27, '08, 8:00 am

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHOOOO! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was eating my spoon it was so exciting!!!
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Return to Awesome Animation