Death Awaits

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

Death Awaits

Death Awaits

View Gallery Page

Death Awaits

Postby Bragatyr » Thu Jan 17, '13, 9:40 pm

It's the Grim Reaper from Shadowgate! This one is not a troll, and Death clearly flosses! I'm very glad that I spent a lot of time learning to draw skulls in fifth grade, in a period in which skulls were obviously the coolest thing in the world.

I darkened it with a kind of crappy program I didn't understand, giving it a sort of grainy feel, which I like, because it seems more NES. And it reminds me a little more of Dore etchings, which is always okay by me.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Re: Death Awaits

Postby myau56 » Thu Jan 17, '13, 9:45 pm

Great drawing Bragatyr :D I love skulls (I've always the different skulls from the Phantasy Stars) and the black and white is great here.
:fiery:
Last edited by myau56 on Fri Jan 18, '13, 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Bragatyr » Fri Jan 18, '13, 12:07 am

Hey, thank you very much! You know, I forgot to mention that I put some lovely Hebrew lettering on his cowl. I only mention this because my handwriting is so bad I don't think it's even legible (and I cropped the image, too, so there's that). I really believe I could win some sort of award for my bad handwriting.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Postby Lucas » Fri Jan 18, '13, 7:01 am

Your shading is spot on mate, I particularly like the depth seen in the eye sockets in the skull. The Hebrew letters you mentioned on the outside of the cowl add an awesome effect too. It’s nice drawing with some evil looking impact I like it. :)

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby myau56 » Fri Jan 18, '13, 12:31 pm

Hebrew lettering on his cowl ? I haven't remarked it before ! But that is not because of your bad handwriting...it's only I can't check hebrew ! :lol:
Me, I'm also a bad handwriter so ...welcome ! :fiery:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Mar 24, '13, 11:52 pm

Was noticing this drawing again the other day, especially the part with the Hebrew lettering. I can't read Hebrew, but I was wondering if this was just random letters or do they spell a word or message or something out?? Interesting bit of detail!!
Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ March 17, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Bragatyr » Mon Mar 25, '13, 3:38 am

Hey, I'm very glad you asked that. They're supposed to say something, but I'm afraid that between the blocky letters and my horrific handwriting they probably aren't really legible. In case anyone's interested in the actual Hebrew, it's supposed to read "מות אני מות", which just means "Death, I am Death."
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Mar 25, '13, 8:33 pm

Ok, thanks for taking the time to answer my question Bragatyr!! Much appreciated. :)
Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ March 17, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Tue Mar 26, '13, 12:53 pm

I haven't seen that this was some letters represented ! As like Silver_Surfer, I can't read hebrew letters :) Nice explanation ! Thanks about it, Bragatyr :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Bragatyr » Wed Mar 27, '13, 12:24 am

Hey, I'm very glad to talk about it. I love old languages and I especially love beautiful alphabets; that's why I love Greek so much. If I knew any Syriac, I would put Syriac in my drawings, because that's a really beautiful alphabet, in my opinion.

In a funny side note, the Hebrew text I put in my last post seems to be mutating or something. When I look at it when signed in, it's written the way I typed it, but when I look at it signed out of Fringes, the word order changes! I hope everyone else can see it the way it's supposed to be written! (I know it's a nightmare to try to type Hebrew when the word processor wants to go left to right, because Hebrew doesn't do that).
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Next

Return to Artwork