David Carradine

Discussion of television, movies, and other forms of moving pictures.

David Carradine

Postby Darkil » Thu Jun 4, '09, 3:10 pm

While reading the news about the Reagan Memorial I saw a news flash that David Carradine was found dead in his hotel in Thailand. Frantic I searched Google News and found an article to confirm it. I am very saddened to hear this as I loved Kung Fu, Kung Fu the Legend Continues and many other films and shows he was in. He will definitely be missed and my condolences go out to his family.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8083479.stm
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Re: David Carradine

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Jun 4, '09, 5:23 pm

Darkil, thanks for posting this news. I just turned on my puter and was looking at a news site and saw this story. Needless to say I was very shocked and am still reeling from this sad news. :cry:

I was also a huge fan of David Carradine's. He was without a doubt one of the most talented, inspiring, popular, controversial, and beloved actors. "Kung Fu" has always been a favorite show of our family and anything associated with it. The show began a trend of martial arts, etc., that is still going on today in one form or another in many other movies, tv shows, etc.

David was a part of a very talented family of actors with his dad, John Carradine, and his brother, Keith Carradine. They were/are all awesome in any role they acted in. My heart goes out to Keith and my condolences to him and the rest of the family also. Last I saw of both of them was on a western program on The Encore Western tv channel. They looked right at home talking about the old west.

You read this kind of news and you hope, beyond hope, that it is simply not true and that he is alive and well, but alas I guess we must accept it and go on. :(

I saw a comment where someone had responded to a post on the news of David's death and they said " RIP * ", which is a name used on the "Kung Fu" show. That really made me want to cry. :cry:

:tombstone: :rose:

Here's a link to IMDb's page on David:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001016/

And, his official website:

http://www.david-carradine.com/

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Thu Jun 4, '09, 8:34 pm

Aw. :( I was just thinking last night that I'd like to see the last Kung Fu series again. It's been years since I saw it, but it was very enjoyable.

He was a very talented actor who did a lot of great work. He'll be missed.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby XxEnslavedNekoxX » Fri Jun 26, '09, 6:49 pm

so did they ever say what exactly happened in his hotel room? I know how he died and all that, but I was curious if someone was involved.
XxEnslavedNekoxX
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 11

Postby Thoul » Fri Jun 26, '09, 10:12 pm

As far as I know, exactly what happened as never been told. It was revealed that he was found with his hands tied behind his back, though. Someone was definitely involved, but who seems to be anyone's guess.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby GhostVoices » Sat Jun 27, '09, 1:15 am

Some people think he was murdered, and at the very least...somebody else had to be involved. Very sad news, even nearly a month later :(
http://astralvoidrecords.blogspot.com For the best in Music,Games,Movies, Books, and more!
GhostVoices
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 8

Postby XxEnslavedNekoxX » Sat Jun 27, '09, 7:08 pm

Yeah I think someone was involved. I don't think the person knew what they were doing. But someone was still involved. I imagine they are still working on it, but it would be nice to know. guess we just have to wait.
XxEnslavedNekoxX
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby GhostVoices » Sat Jun 27, '09, 7:12 pm

David Carradine seemed to have all the reasons in the world to live for, and he never struck me as a depressed person, or somebody who was under a lot of stress.
http://astralvoidrecords.blogspot.com For the best in Music,Games,Movies, Books, and more!
GhostVoices
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 8

Postby XxEnslavedNekoxX » Sat Jun 27, '09, 8:11 pm

No, that's why when the news first said he commited suicide, everyone pretty much called bull on it. If he was depressed, he would have probably killed himself a long time ago, not waited until he was 72 or whatever to do it. And even if he did, I doubt he would have gone to Thailand to do it when they were filming a movie.

The updated story was alot more logical, but still leaves alot of people with questions and doubts that the story we got was entirely true.
XxEnslavedNekoxX
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Jun 27, '09, 9:29 pm

I haven't heard anything about the David Carradine death in a while. I guess they are still waiting for more tests results to come back from the autopsies and the investigation, etc. Last I heard, though, it looked like it might be ruled an accidental death.

Whatever the cause, it is still sad that he is no longer with us, except he will always be with us in spirit, of course.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to Screen Scene