Dark Force Possession

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Postby Fogeltje » Fri Mar 7, '08, 8:09 pm

Thoul wrote:
And As for Alys... It would be a cold day in hell before Alys would ever get posessed. I'm almost sure that she'd kill herself first.

I think that's actually what did happen. She fought off the illness (or possession) until she saw that Chaz had hooked up with Rune, then she died rather than succumb to the evil.

I don't think Alys was possessed or had an illness she was fighting. She didn't get sick until she was hit by the Black Energy Wave and that was before she could know for sure that Chaz would actually hook up with Rune. Also the BEW was aimed at Chaz, not herself, so DF targeting Alys to trigger something in her seems implausible to me as well. Why she has "Death", I don't know, it actually never made any sense but I doubt it was the creator's intent to make her somehow possessed.
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Postby newsblade » Sun Mar 16, '08, 10:20 pm

But, Alys gets a spell called Death? She wasn't dark force, or was she....? Hm, that would make more sense, though, since Seth kinda vanishes...

I think there's no problem with that. We must not confuse a weapon skill named "death"* with a dark magic called "death spell". They are not the same: wile "Death" is just Alys/slasher's version of Gryz/Axe's "Crash", the "Death spell" is the dark version of "holy word" and can only be found on a shadowblade (like "holy word" in Elsydeon). On the other hand "megid" technique can be confused with a dark power since anger is needed to cast that... and PD uses it as well.

--
* She (or someone) gave that named since it causes immediate dead to the stroked enemies
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Thoul » Sun Mar 16, '08, 10:47 pm

Fogeltje wrote:I don't think Alys was possessed or had an illness she was fighting. She didn't get sick until she was hit by the Black Energy Wave

Yes, exactly. She did get sick after getting hit the with Wave. That's when she would have become possessed. Before that, she would have been just normal and in fine health. Her body or spirit resisted the possession/illness and kept her alive until she saw Rune again.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Sun Mar 16, '08, 11:32 pm

I think those with a strong will have a harder time to be possessed by the wave. Probably why most of the espers as well as Kyra didn't get sick on Dezolis. I think while being sick Alys' will was slowly being torn away from her soul and she held out long enough fighting against it so she could see Rune once again as well as see how much of a man Chaz had become.

On a side note on this real quick we all know when Alys dies it strikes a hurtful blow on the party as well as the gamers. But do you think it would of been more sad if Gryz would have been killed at that point? I mean he escaped from Zio's wrath to save his sister, he fought against Zio to avenge his family as well as protect his sister, but in the end he would end up dying leaving his sister alone in the world.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Fogeltje » Mon Mar 17, '08, 8:49 am

To be honest, no, I don't think the death of Gryz would have affected me as much as Alys' death (or Nei's death).
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Thoul » Tue Mar 18, '08, 12:30 am

Gryz would have needed a lot more character development to have that same kind of impact as Alys. If you look at the early parts of the game, Alys and Hahn are really the two characters who stand out in terms of establishing themselves as people you can easily care about. Gryz, and to a lesser extent, Chaz, Rune, and Rika are more background characters compared to Alys up through the first visit to Aideo.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Fogeltje » Tue Mar 18, '08, 11:27 am

I agree actually. I immediately cared more for Alys than Chaz, who was just an impatient youth (still is if you ask me). I felt bad for Hahn every time he 'died', having a girlfriend waiting for him in Krup.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Previous

Return to Classic Series